What teachers should I be listening to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always enjoyed Rev Stephen Hamilton from the Free Pres. church. I have many mp3s of his.

You might want to consider these podcasts as well:

1. The Sydney Anglicans (I highly recommend that you subscribe to both Sydang:latest and Sydang:classic podcasts. Some of the featured preachers include Mark Dever, Simon Manchester, Tim Keller, J. I. Packer, D. A. Carson, John Woodhouse, Al Stewart, Dominic Steele, Philip Jensen)
  2. The Resurgence (Good stuff here, i.e. talks, lectures, interviews, for pastors, preachers, and ministry workers. Featured speakers include Mark Driscoll, D. A. Carson, Tim Keller, John Piper)
  3. 9Marks Audio (Interviews with guests such as D. A. Carson, David Powlison, Phillip Jensen, Kent Hughes, Mark Dever, David Wells, Russell Moore, C.J. Mahaney)

I listen regularly to Sproul and the White horse inn.
I also listen to, Spurgeon, Lloyd Jones, Piper, Macarthur, Zaharias, Ramsden,

And even though some of them have new radio shows every day and some once a week, because I can listen to sermons and lechtures 3-4 hours every day at work I need some more good names that I can maybe find on sites like onePlaces that I can listen to.

Can anybody recommend some preachers and/or teachers, it would be a big help :)

You really have a very good list there, Martin.

Always, of course, remember no man is perfect, we always have to learn to discern from Scripture. I occassionally listen to a couple teachers such as Dr. J Vernon McGee with an eye toward discerning the dispensationalism and Arminian influenced teaching that broadly dominates today (Dr McGee was a popular preacher here who comes from an almost "classic" fundamentalist background). I try to discern the former a bit with Dr MacArthur, Zacharias, etc. also with their dispensationalism. It does help in engaging people with Bible truth.

You might add Sinclair Ferguson, Ligon Duncan to your list.

WHAT? Nobody listed Osteen? :lol:

I never miss White Horse Inn (and subscribe to podcasts from Albert Mohler, John Piper, Dividing Line (James White) John MacArthur, Alistair Begg, Gary Demar, Ravi Zacharias, Mark Driscoll, R.C. Sproul, etc.).

Apologetics.com has a great podcast - lots of topics, soteriologically Reformed, good discussion about different perspectives (atheist, agnostic, libertine, christian, reformed, world religions, greek philosophers, etc etc) on highly-debated and highly-discussed topics today

The Glorious Reformation

^^ That show really helped me in understanding the 5 points as a whole! Good stuff!

God Bless :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back