What were Sunday's sermon(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings PB brethren,

What did you hear preached (or, preach) today?

At our church today, I preached from Heb 2.14-18 on the faithfulness of Christ to us, particularly focusing on how he helps us in temptation (vv 17-18). It was a Communion sermon. We also baptised 3 folks (a family, which was pretty special).

This evening, we had our "Ask the Pastor" time, which is where I answer questions which folks have previously submitted (we do this 2-3 times per year). Their questions tonight ranged from how Christians should regard the Middle Ages to how Christians should think about and deal with p*rn*gr*phy.

We heard an exposition of John 1:35-42, on the first disciples of Christ, particularly highlighting the pattern that people hear the witness (of John the Baptist or Andrew, in this case) and follow Christ.

We visited a church that pre-empted their regularly-scheduled sermon and the Lord's Supper to accommodate a live apologetics Q&A with Hank Hanegraaff.

I probably shouldn't have posted that here.

It was our Communion weekend, which finishes with the thanksgiving service tonight. The services can be found Here.

The services followed the old Scottish style as per Here.

Ours was on 1 Peter and how we are to obey our God like we ought to obey our earthly father, out of love and respect, and not out of pure duty which I am guilty of quite often.

Visiting a church for the last service for an ARP minister, he preached on Psalm 133 and Christian Unity.

We visited a church that pre-empted their regularly-scheduled sermon and the Lord's Supper to accommodate a live apologetics Q&A with Hank Hanegraaff.

What did you think of the Greek Orthodox service? (You should have hit the door running.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back