WhatLoveIsThis.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Died Blue

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Check this site out - www.whatloveisthis.com. When I was first reading Dave Hunt's book against Calvinism over a year ago, I just typed in that address, wondering if it had been made a website. What you'll see is surprising at first, and funny, but...well, you'll see.

Chris

[Edited on 2-24-2004 by Me Died Blue]

Yeah, Paul, I just got the book yesterday and could already tell Hunt has not changed one iota since the release of his [i:0079576419]WLIT?[/i:0079576419] One of the worst examples is his final remarks in his chapter on regeneration. In White's section of the chapter, he was mainly trying to show that regeneration precedes faith. Hunt then aimlessly tries to show that Spurgeon disagreed with this, because Hunt quotes him as saying he opposed "those who hold that one must be regenerated before we may bid them repent." Hunt uses that quote from Spurgeon to try to show that Spurgeon believed faith preceded regeneration!:mad:, conveniently ignoring the phrase "we may bid." At least it will hopefully expose many of the inconsistencies of those who argue against the Reformed position.

Chris

[Edited on 2-24-2004 by Me Died Blue]

cool site. I especially like the offer from Discerning Reader for a free copy of Mark of the Christians and The Potter's Freedom if you send them the fron cover of What Love is This! Great!

I have been waiting for "debating Calvinism" for almost a year to come out. Does Mr. White do a good job in it of defending Calvinism? I don't expect much from Mr. Hunt.

Bryan
SDG

Bryan, since I just got the book yesterday, I've only had a chance to skim parts of it so far. But from what I've read, I would definitely say yes. He lets the Scriptures speak for themselves, and succeeds well at showing the simplicity and the basic nature of the things Hunt overlooks, and how staw-man-like Hunt's objections are. He also mentions in the book that he would still like to have a live debate with Hunt, in spite of Hunt's resistance to that. From what I've read so far, I can definitely predict that James does an excellent job representing and defending Calvinism.

Chris

I've listened to some of James White's stuff, not that particularly one yet, but I enjoy reading much more then listening. Better brain work out ;)

Bryan
SDG

The book is worth buying just for White's defense of Calvinism. You could skip Hunt's parts and you won't miss them......

Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back