What's in your purse, murse, or backpack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubermadchen

Puritanboard <strong>Outlaw</strong>
Well? What's in it? I find you can know a lot about a person by what they keep in their bag. I just cleaned mine out but I still have a ton of stuff in it. Here's what I have:

1 copy of the Marrow of Modern Divinity
1 copy of a BSF manual
1 prayer journal
1 scarf
1 pair of mittens
1 BSF bag full of all the goodies I need for a smooth discussion time (safety pins, name tags, pencils, business cards, etc)
1 small bottle of Aveda lotion
1 minty lipgloss
1 chapstick
1 ipod
1 pack of gum
1 wallet
2 shades of lipstick... I need to throw those out
1 set of book darts
1 umbrella/flashlight
1 laminated nametag
1 receipt for my last oil change
1 pack of Emergen-C
1 pen
1 mechanical pencil
1 business card
26 cents in change

FYI, Murse=Man purse (i.e. messenger bag).

Your purse must be huge. I am jealous.

- chapstick
- mints
- keys
-phone
- water bottle
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- assorted crumpled papers, wrappers, and receipts

Wow, that is a huge purse! I only have the following:

-chapstick
-keys
-phone
-wallet
-water bottle
-nuts
-Bible
-Spurgeon's Chequebook of Faith
-and a couple of pens

Wow Patricia you have a Mary Poppins purse! I think I may have a lamp in mine, let me check . . .

antibacterial moisturising handsoap (I didn't know I had that: how nice that you asked: and it smells like moldy fruit)
a notepad
gloves
keys
coinpurse (a fit receptacle for a picture of myself with spousal unit and twenty-five cents in change)
checkbook
Two (2) pens
pain medicine

It's sort of depressing to be so boring. Why don't I have a book in my purse?

Wow, that is a huge purse! I only have the following:

-chapstick
-keys
-phone
-wallet
-water bottle
-nuts
-Bible
-Spurgeon's Chequebook of Faith
-and a couple of pens

Yeah, it's pretty huge. It doubled as my backpack in grad school and as an overnight bag in other situations. I like it because it looks like a cross between old doctor's bag and Mary Poppin's carpet bag. It also makes a pretty handy weapon/shield.

Organizer for various debit/credit/reward cards, checkbook, calling cards, Tim's business cards, gel pen for checks, highlighter for Tim, cash (if I have any), and coins
Snack food--at thirty weeks pregnant, there's always a snack in my purse!
Various receipts--Tim likes to think he checks them all against our on line banking
Antibac gel--only since getting pregnant; I'm a bigger believer in letting germs roam most of the time
Burt's Bee's lip tint/chapstick stuff

That's about it--the organizer makes it easy to switch purses quickly without having to dig through stuff.

Backpack:

-NASB Gift Edition of the Bible
-13.3" MacBook Pro
-Mathematical Statistics with Applicaitons by Wackerly et al.
-Mathematical Statistics with Applications by Larsen and Max

Why don't I have a book in my purse?

Probably the same reason I don't, I took it out to read..

The only time I carry a book in my purse is when I know I'm going some where and will be waiting for awhile..
like a Doctors appt.

Other than that my purse has a wallet, with licenses and such..receipts that could be thrown out (threw them out, so they are no longer there) a set of keys, 2 pens, and my daughters next prescription refill..

talk about boring, I don't even have chap stick or gloves..

any dudes on here with a murse are getting clowned on.... just fyi

Before this day, I had never heard of a murse. I don't get out much, I guess.

I have what used to be called a briefcase. It is shoulder slung and weighs about 20 pounds. I don't even know what all is in it, but I do know it has a laptop, a Hebrew/Greek Bible, a French dictionary, a Spanish dictionary, a pocket Constitution, a reference book for all things technical, a flashlight, a Leatherman tool, some USB connectors, some flash drives, an extra shirt, toothbrush, headset microphone, and even some file folders.

Oh yeah, aspirin, cough drops, and a bit of duct tape too.

The stuff I really need I carry in my pockets. ;)

Well? What's in it? I find you can know a lot about a person by what they keep in their bag. I just cleaned mine out but I still have a ton of stuff in it. Here's what I have:

1 copy of the Marrow of Modern Divinity
1 copy of a BSF manual
1 prayer journal
1 scarf
1 pair of mittens
1 BSF bag full of all the goodies I need for a smooth discussion time (safety pins, name tags, pencils, business cards, etc)
1 small bottle of Aveda lotion
1 minty lipgloss
1 chapstick
1 ipod
1 pack of gum
1 wallet
2 shades of lipstick... I need to throw those out
1 set of book darts
1 umbrella/flashlight
1 laminated nametag
1 receipt for my last oil change
1 pack of Emergen-C
1 pen
1 mechanical pencil
1 business card
26 cents in change

FYI, Murse=Man purse (i.e. messenger bag).

I have just learned that you have a strong back.

Various receipts--Tim likes to think he checks them all against our on line banking

:-D

Why don't I have a book in my purse?

Probably the same reason I don't, I took it out to read..

The only time I carry a book in my purse is when I know I'm going some where and will be waiting for awhile..
like a Doctors appt.

Other than that my purse has a wallet, with licenses and such..receipts that could be thrown out (threw them out, so they are no longer there) a set of keys, 2 pens, and my daughters next prescription refill..

talk about boring, I don't even have chap stick or gloves..

It's nice to be boring with you, Bobbi.

The stuff I really need I carry in my pockets. ;)

An inflatable self-sustaining eco-system?

my TO DO LIST
a large stack of papers to grade
pens & pencils
wallet
my "female" quasi-mini-bag of secrets
3 teacher manuals (American History, New Science Unit on "Space" & Math)
lesson plan book & grade book
e-z grader
calculator
empty lunch container
a mushy cheese stick
and a mushy apple (but it's only mushy on one side so...)
empty water bottle
finally a mysterious electrical chord that seems like it go with something digital ... but I dunno that's why I'm bringing it home (to find where it is SUPPOSED to live)

ok, I just spent 10 minutes on this site and waste 3 or 4 right here ... time to fix dinner... and do everything else on the rest of my To Do List, DV!!

I can't believe I'm about to hit send.

ah ... I found something spiritual ha ha ha a CD sermon by a former pastor (Mark Chanski)
now may I have my gold star, please?

If we are talking backpacks as well, here goes.

Grudem's Systematic
The Institutes
Foundation of Christian Faith
NT Survey book
Hermeneutical Spiral
Chosen by God
Reformed Pastor
Fergueson book on Owen
Color of Church
Baptist Faith and Message 2000
ESV Bible
Jesus of the Gospels
Mounce Basic of Biblical Greek
Greek Workbook
Army Officer's Guide
Sproul's book on Apologetics
Durham on the Ten Commandments
Durham on Job
Greek Vocabulary
Pink Sovereignty of God
MLJ on Preaching
A Case for Amillennialism
Little Brown Handbook
Bahnsen on VanTil Apologetics
Berkhof Systematic
McDill on Preaching
3 pens
2 pencils
2 padlocks
military patches

All in all it weighs 50 lbs.

It should be noted though that I have it loaded up like this for weighted pushups and working on road marches and not because I am some super student.

"Man-Purse" ... Oh I hope not.

"Military Patches" ... okay, what's that about... ha ha ha ha ha ... btw, I think you're the winner on this thread, Boliver.

Although, Ubermachen totally deserves an honorable mention for carrying "nametags" and "Emergen-C". Woo hoo! I shall strive to be more uberlike thee.

I have three brief cases. They each are for different purposes. My main briefcase has the following in it:

Bible
Greek New Testament
Santa Biblia
The Marrow of Modern Divinity
1689 LBC
Calvin's Commentary Acts(B) - Romans
Preachers With Power / Douglas Kelley (Great book, btw.)
Valley of Vision
HP 20S calculator
Pelikan Fountain Pen
Pentel Mechanical Pencil
US Constitution
A couple of thumb drives
MacBook (well, it normally is in there)
Composition books
Moleskine books
Planner
Lotion (manly smelling)
Lip balm
A fresh handkerchief (I tend to give them away to ladies rather frequently, thus no longer having one.)
A very wide Victoriknox knife
A Browning HP magazine with 12 little fellers tucked in there
A housewife
Zippo lighter
Matches
50' of 550 paracord (OD)

Organizer for various debit/credit/reward cards, checkbook, calling cards, Tim's business cards, gel pen for checks, highlighter for Tim, cash (if I have any), and coins

Wow, calling cards? Like in the olden days, when you stopped by someone's parlour and they were out? Or...do you mean for calling someone on the phone? That just occurred to me.

- Cellphone
- Shimmery lip stuff
- Mailbox key
- Car/apt. keys
- Remote entry key for apt. gate
- Lactaid pills (for husband)
- Shimmery Chapstick
- Medicated lip balm (which husband mooches off me...it's tiny, so I don't know why it's not in his pocket!)
- Wallet
- Receipt for pho (husband's favorite sick food :()
- shopping list for an earlier Trader Joe's run
- Hobby Lobby coupon
- Multi-pocket coupon holder
- newly expired health insurance card
- mini coconut lime verbena lotion
- ponytail holder
- rubber band
- pen
- lint-taker-offer
- hand sanitizer with aloe (feel incomplete, and gross, without)
- glasses lens wipes
- Office Depot gift card
- Dunkin Donuts coupon
- Frequent lunch rewards card for the best pizza place in Atl

Patricia, can you post a photo of your bag? I'm so curious.

Wow, calling cards? Like in the olden days, when you stopped by someone's parlour and they were out? Or...do you mean for calling someone on the phone? That just occurred to me.

Lol--I never even thought about the modern kind! Yes, the old-fashioned kind ladies used to leave if someone was out. I don't really work, and not everyone needs all my info, so I have them with just my name, and then I can add just my email or whatever it is people need to know--a time we're going to get together for coffee, for example.

"Man-Purse" ... Oh I hope not.

"Military Patches" ... okay, what's that about... ha ha ha ha ha ... btw, I think you're the winner on this thread, Boliver.

Although, Ubermachen totally deserves an honorable mention for carrying "nametags" and "Emergen-C". Woo hoo! I shall strive to be more uberlike thee.

Haha! Like I said, I just cleaned out my purse. I tend to clean it when people start making fun of the things that I pull out of there...

This last time me and a bunch of friends were in the car and someone said they had a craving for banana bread. And I said "Oh, hold on, I have a recipe for banana bread right here in my purse!!"

The other time someone said while sitting next to me, "what's that smell?" And I replied, "oh, it's probably this baked potato I have in my purse..."

Lol--I never even thought about the modern kind! Yes, the old-fashioned kind ladies used to leave if someone was out. I don't really work, and not everyone needs all my info, so I have them with just my name, and then I can add just my email or whatever it is people need to know--a time we're going to get together for coffee, for example.

I love this! Its so fun. Hmmmm...maybe I'll do this. I bet I could make some cute ones on my computer and using resume or parchment paper.

A fresh handkerchief (I tend to give them away to ladies rather frequently, thus no longer having one.)
*swoons* What a gentleman.

A housewife
Huh??

A housewife is a sort of sewing kit. Mine has needles, threads, buttons, a few safety pins, and foldable scissors. It is sort of like this:
eb460a.gif

I don't have a murse, so i'll have to tell you what's in my pockets and holsters (yes, i have bags that strap to my belt that i carry things in)...
Cambridge Goatskin ESV Bible
Blackberry
Flash Hard Drive
Keys
Gun (Ruger LCP .380) (and that's not in the holster, it's in my pocket)
Pill Box
Mints
Comb
Wallet

Ok here's mine:

-wallet
-tin of Myntz
-Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm (We need a Tim's Bees competing brand)
-various business cards and coupons
-small ibuprophen bottle
-hearing aid holder
-lip pencil
-pocket sized 1650 Scottish Psalter :sing:
-doggie poop bag
-beano
-tape measure
-cool swiss army tool with scissors, knife, etc.
-barrets
-mini flashlight
-small pill jar
-dramamine
-lactaid
-pencil
-pen
-fingernail clippers
-cellphone
-Zune
-comb

It really is a small purse but I can fit a lot in it. :D

What's in your purse, murse, or backpack?

I have none of these...and I don't have a wallet or a briefcase...nothing...nada.

You must be married. :lol:

I don't have any of those either and, yes, I am married. Here is a funny story though about purses:

When my wife and I were engaged we were doing our wedding registry at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It was fun looking at everything and planning our future together. Then a woman passing by made the comment to us, "oh, you two must be engaged."
I said, "yes maam we are. What gave it away? Was it because we look so cute together? Or is it because you can see how madly in love we are? Oh wait, obviously because we are doing our registry and planning to spend the rest of our lives together!"
She replied, "actually, it was none of those. You have been carrying her purse the whole time you've been shopping."
I hadn't even noticed that I had been doing it, but sure enough it was on my arm and I guess had been for awhile. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back