What's in your purse, murse, or backpack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my purse I have:
a Walgreens ad
a CVS ad
coupons
hand lotion
cell phone
3 ink pens
two wallets
a pair of gloves
chapstick
nail clippers

I rarely have books in my purse. If I am going to be somewhere where I have some time to sit I usually pack a large bag with all of the kids school work to grade.

I have three brief cases. They each are for different purposes. My main briefcase has the following in it:

Bible
Greek New Testament
Santa Biblia
The Marrow of Modern Divinity
1689 LBC
Calvin's Commentary Acts(B) - Romans
Preachers With Power / Douglas Kelley (Great book, btw.)
Valley of Vision
HP 20S calculator
Pelikan Fountain Pen
Pentel Mechanical Pencil
US Constitution
A couple of thumb drives
MacBook (well, it normally is in there)
Composition books
Moleskine books
Planner
Lotion (manly smelling)
Lip balm
A fresh handkerchief (I tend to give them away to ladies rather frequently, thus no longer having one.)
A very wide Victoriknox knife
A Browning HP magazine with 12 little fellers tucked in there
A housewife
Zippo lighter
Matches
50' of 550 paracord (OD)

a few questions about what is in your breifcase : why the lighter and the matches? why the bullets and not the gun? why do you frequently feel the need to make ladies cry? what is the difference in the Bible I read and the Bible Santa reads? and how many moles had to die for your books???

Wow, calling cards? Like in the olden days, when you stopped by someone's parlour and they were out? Or...do you mean for calling someone on the phone? That just occurred to me.

Lol--I never even thought about the modern kind! Yes, the old-fashioned kind ladies used to leave if someone was out. I don't really work, and not everyone needs all my info, so I have them with just my name, and then I can add just my email or whatever it is people need to know--a time we're going to get together for coffee, for example.

I love this! Its so fun. Hmmmm...maybe I'll do this. I bet I could make some cute ones on my computer and using resume or parchment paper.

We use vistaprint or giggleprint dot com. They only charge about $7 (shipping) to do a couple hundred cards. They've got a couple dozen backgrounds, fonts, etc. in the "free" category. For a few bucks more, I think you can get nicer stock, more backgrounds, the logo taken off the back (which no one notices anyway), etc.

Ok here's mine:

-wallet
-tin of Myntz
-Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm (We need a Tim's Bees competing brand)
-various business cards and coupons
-small ibuprophen bottle
-hearing aid holder
-lip pencil
-pocket sized 1650 Scottish Psalter :sing:
-doggie poop bag
-beano
-tape measure
-cool swiss army tool with scissors, knife, etc.
-barrets
-mini flashlight
-small pill jar
-dramamine
-lactaid
-pencil
-pen
-fingernail clippers
-cellphone
-Zune
-comb

It really is a small purse but I can fit a lot in it. :D

Traci, I was wondering where you found a pocket-sized Scottish Psalter? I have one that is pretty small...but I don't think its pocket size. It would be nice to have one, please let me know!

I love this! Its so fun. Hmmmm...maybe I'll do this. I bet I could make some cute ones on my computer and using resume or parchment paper.

We use vistaprint or giggleprint dot com. They only charge about $7 (shipping) to do a couple hundred cards. They've got a couple dozen backgrounds, fonts, etc. in the \"free\" category. For a few bucks more, I think you can get nicer stock, more backgrounds, the logo taken off the back (which no one notices anyway), etc.

Wouldn't business cards work with just your name printed on them? with some programs you can even put little designs on those..

in looking I guess not, if done correctly..

http://www.dejaelaine.com/callingcardindex.html

Last edited:

We use vistaprint or giggleprint dot com. They only charge about $7 (shipping) to do a couple hundred cards. They've got a couple dozen backgrounds, fonts, etc. in the "free" category. For a few bucks more, I think you can get nicer stock, more backgrounds, the logo taken off the back (which no one notices anyway), etc.

Wouldn't business cards work with just your name printed on them? with some programs you can even put little designs on those..

That's basically what these are. I just don't add all my personal info in each field when I design the card. I chose an antique-looking background with a scroll-type border and an old-fashioned font, but it could be done myriad ways to suit personal tastes. It was cheaper to have vistaprint do it than to buy the printer business card stock.

I have three brief cases. They each are for different purposes. My main briefcase has the following in it:

Bible
Greek New Testament
Santa Biblia
The Marrow of Modern Divinity
1689 LBC
Calvin's Commentary Acts(B) - Romans
Preachers With Power / Douglas Kelley (Great book, btw.)
Valley of Vision
HP 20S calculator
Pelikan Fountain Pen
Pentel Mechanical Pencil
US Constitution
A couple of thumb drives
MacBook (well, it normally is in there)
Composition books
Moleskine books
Planner
Lotion (manly smelling)
Lip balm
A fresh handkerchief (I tend to give them away to ladies rather frequently, thus no longer having one.)
A very wide Victoriknox knife
A Browning HP magazine with 12 little fellers tucked in there
A housewife
Zippo lighter
Matches
50' of 550 paracord (OD)

a few questions about what is in your breifcase : why the lighter and the matches? why the bullets and not the gun? why do you frequently feel the need to make ladies cry? what is the difference in the Bible I read and the Bible Santa reads? and how many moles had to die for your books???

Well, the lighter is to light things. It is a Zippo that my grandfather gave me on the day my daughter was born. (It jumped into Normandy with a 101st paratrooper attached to it.) The matches are in case the lighter doesn't work, and for pipes. The spare magazine is in case the magazine in my pistol and the primary spare, which are both carried in either a IWB holster or shoulder rig, are emptied. Santa speaks Spanish. And it takes about 12 moles to make a Moleskine book. ;)

As to making ladies cry. I don't make them cry. I deal with them men who do and then hand the lady a handkerchief if needed.

I shrank them. It was the only way to make them fit with all of the prejudice and pride I had stuffed in there.

I wear my prejudice on my sleeve, no murse necessary.

I like big pockets on my corduroys, but beyond keys, all I really have are change, a cell phone, a few pieces of paper (mostly bills) and a Swiss Army knife.

*swoons* What a gentleman.

A housewife
Huh??

A housewife is a sort of sewing kit. Mine has needles, threads, buttons, a few safety pins, and foldable scissors. It is sort of like this:
eb460a.gif

As to making ladies cry. I don't make them cry. I deal with them men who do and then hand the lady a handkerchief if needed.

Lawrence, you are definitely the hero of my dog's next work of fiction. His last began with a man retrieving a hanky for a lady (how much handier if he had had one of his own to offer, as he stepped on almost all her podal parts in the effort) and ended in a glorious blaze of dying light where another man rode off into the sunset with just such a 'housewife'.

*swoons* What a gentleman.

Huh??

A housewife is a sort of sewing kit. Mine has needles, threads, buttons, a few safety pins, and foldable scissors. It is sort of like this:
eb460a.gif

Lawrence, you are definitely the hero of my dog's next work of fiction. His last began with a man retrieving a hanky for a lady (how much handier if he had had one of his own to offer, as he stepped on almost all her podal parts in the effort) and ended in a glorious blaze of dying light where another man rode off into the sunset with just such a 'housewife'.

He is definitely a canine of great taste, deportment, and genius. I would be humbly honoured to even be considered by him. (Perhaps we could arrange a rendezvous for him and my canine companions so that they could enjoy an evening of fine prose, witty poetry, and greasy bones.)

I have different bags - result, when I look in whichever one I have with me, it contains only the things (three-year-old chewinggum, dried-up biros) which I'm certain not to need. Except of course for the car-keys which I wouldn't get very far without. It's actually the car, not the bag that's stocked for every eventuality. That's where you'll find everything from the loose change and spanners to the Lloyd-Jones tapes and bank statements

No murse here! Just a laptop bag with a computer and accessories that weigh too much, a Kindle 2 with about 50 books, a wallet, 4-5 pens, 2 pencils, 2 paperbacks (Daniel Doriani's Getting the message & Putting the Truth to work), a cell phone, and a Kindle charger.

Starting soon I will carry a second bag for learning greek (Mounce's grammar and workbook, vocab cards, and a lexicon). My Greek NT is on my Kindle, until I can afford to get the UBS Greek NT because the Kindle Greek text does not have accents or breathing marks (something like that).

(It jumped into Normandy with a 101st paratrooper attached to it.)

The owner of that lighter likely knew my uncle and my namesake. He was a Battalion commander in the 101st who jumped out at Normandy, Bastogne, and most of the other legendary battles involving the 101st. He used to tell us the only injury he ever had (other than sprained ankles and flesh wounds) was when he broke his foot kicking a cardboard box on the streets of Manhattan in the victory parade after the war. The box was full of canned beans.

Ok here's mine:

-wallet
-tin of Myntz
-Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm (We need a Tim's Bees competing brand)
-various business cards and coupons
-small ibuprophen bottle
-hearing aid holder
-lip pencil
-pocket sized 1650 Scottish Psalter :sing:
-doggie poop bag
-beano
-tape measure
-cool swiss army tool with scissors, knife, etc.
-barrets
-mini flashlight
-small pill jar
-dramamine
-lactaid
-pencil
-pen
-fingernail clippers
-cellphone
-Zune
-comb

It really is a small purse but I can fit a lot in it. :D

Traci, I was wondering where you found a pocket-sized Scottish Psalter? I have one that is pretty small...but I don't think its pocket size. It would be nice to have one, please let me know!

Here you go Yvonne: Trinitarian Bible Society - The Word of God Among All Nations Go to 'other' and then look for 'metrical psalms.' It's the pocket edition and it is smaller than a 3x5 card and very cute.

My daddy always said a wallet should only hold cash, a razor blade, and a lucky poker chip.

I love that big purses are "in." I look for the hugest purse I can because its also my diaper bag.

Diapers/travel wipe pack
travel tissue pack
wallet
coupons
reciepts
AC moore ad
date book
to-do list notebook
cell phone
anti-bac foam
hand lotion
keys
pair of kids' socks (hrmmm....)
altoids
water bottle
granola bar
bag of cheerios
can of dr. pepper (um, I think that was from a trip the other day that I forgot to drink)
lip smackers Dr. Pepper (a theme!)
lipstick
assorted pens and pencils

Am I seriously the only person who has diapers in her purse? Maybe I didn't read carefully enough, though. :) There are usually a few sippy cups in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back