Wheaton College Removed Plaque Honoring Jim Elliot and Ed McCully

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. M. Sheffield

Puritan Board Graduate
The plaque referred to the tribe that murdered five missionaries and threw them in a river as "savage Indians." This was deemed offensive and dehumanizing to indigenous peoples. Which is curious, because I would have thought calling a group that spears unarmed people to death pretty "savage." But that's probably just my white privilege talking.

Wheaton College Removed Plaque Honoring Jim Elliot and Ed McCully

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; of whom the world was not worthy.—Hebrews 11:37-38

image-29.jpg

When I was a young child my grandpa showed me photos of him with the killers, who by that time had repented and embraced the gospel. He arrived as a missionary pilot in Peru four years after this event. I'll ask him what he thinks of the news next time I talk to him.

Do we mixed of races have a say? Half of me is related to those savages. It's an apt term. Just like how the Germans were also barbarians. Everything going on is ridiculous.

Last edited:
From the opening sentence of the article: "Wheaton College will be removing and replacing a plaque honoring a group of alumni who were murdered by an indigenous tribe during a missionary trip to Ecuador."

I'm just glad it is going to be replaced and not removed entirely. By definition the Auca tribe was savage. I would have preferred they left the plaque as is and added more to tell the story of how God in his grace called some of these savages out of darkness and into light. What an amazing work God did through these missionary labors. Before being adopted into sonship through Jesus Christ I too was a miserable savage.

Trying to protect themselves from the woke-mob savages, wielding iphones and doxing unarmed people.

Last edited:
The Ango Saxon Nations are engaging in a Cultural Genocide of itself.
Similarities with the Chinese Cultural Revolution are observable

The idolatry is concerning. This removal is only a needle in the haystack of idols that should be moved from institutions.

Who knew Randy Savage was named to prophetically point to the day the white straight christian male would better fit the Woksters Dictionary term savage.

The idolatry is concerning. This removal is only a needle in the haystack of idols that should be moved from institutions.
Am I understanding correctly? Monuments of remembrance that nobody prays to or venerate is an idol? Guess Joshua didn't get the memo...
There are some cults of personality in the college world to be sure.

Missionaries are Literally HITLER!!! I have literally helped genocide a whole tribe, it seems.

I once had someone almost hiss at me when I dared to assert the idea that many tribal peoples are less intelligent due to years of little intellectual stimulation and very poor nutrition, and especially lack of fat and protein in the young years when the child is developing. I've seen some real mouth breathers among my people. But the younger kids now that grew up near us and received eggs or food as handouts from us (we gave eggs to mothers and children, despite being criticized for "handouts" by other missionaries) now are much sharper and brighter. Am I allowed to say this anymore without the Left trying to ruin me?

CAUTION (link contains tribal dress): Ancient tribe on the brink of being wiped out by Christian missionaries Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/22/ancient-tribe-on-the-brink-of-being-wiped-out-by-christian-missionaries-8062065/?ito=cbshare Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Last edited:
You showed a Baptism done by sprinkling. Change your signature to paedobaptist
@Pergamum

Wrong, and wrong.

First, it is pouring, not sprinkling. (I learned the difference in classes given before I was admitted to the table at age 12).

Second, the person being baptized is clearly not an infant, but a person of the age of decision.

Third, if one has a theological question, one should ask a lawyer.

First, it is pouring, not sprinkling. (I learned the difference in classes given before I was admitted to the table at age 12).
Yes it is sprinkling. It is known as high volume sprinkling ;);)
Second, the person being baptized is clearly not an infant, but a person of the age of decision.
Paedobaptists baptise Adults too - particularly when they come to faith in Christ as an adult etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back