Where can I buy split leaf psalters bulk online? Is that even a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanVK

Puritan Board Freshman
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I’d like to donate some to my congregation.

Edit: I meant split lead psalters not solo leaf.

I saw in a thread from awhile back that the Free Church (Continuing) was producing them and they could be ordered from them. Maybe @Afterthought or @TylerRay could provide some info on that and whether bulk ordering at a discount is possible.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I’d like to donate some to my congregation.

Edit: I meant split lead psalters not solo leaf.

I saw in a thread from awhile back that the Free Church (Continuing) was producing them and they could be ordered from them. Maybe @Afterthought or @TylerRay could provide some info on that and whether bulk ordering at a discount is possible.

So far as I am aware, the discounted pricing from back then is over (the discounted bulk ordering price is $20 a psalter, as noted earlier in the thread). However, every year our Presbytery has our family conference around the first or second week of August, and psalters are often available at the conference somewhat more cheaply (I think $13-$15 this past year). If you contact one of our ministers ahead of time (before May when our General Assembly meets), maybe they can bring the bulk you are looking for and ship it out from the States when they return. The psalters have gotten more expensive because they use stronger bindings than the previous ones that kept falling apart.

Back in 1999 this was the reason (the replacement cost and kids and also adults simply wearing through the red Irish split leaf psalters) the session of my old church undertook and produced The Comprehensive Psalter. It was set up so it could be sung through in full every two years.
The psalters have gotten more expensive because they use stronger bindings than the previous ones that kept falling apart.

So far as I am aware, the discounted pricing from back then is over (the discounted bulk ordering price is $20 a psalter, as noted earlier in the thread). However, every year our Presbytery has our family conference around the first or second week of August, and psalters are often available at the conference somewhat more cheaply (I think $13-$15 this past year). If you contact one of our ministers ahead of time (before May when our General Assembly meets), maybe they can bring the bulk you are looking for and ship it out from the States when they return. The psalters have gotten more expensive because they use stronger bindings than the previous ones that kept falling apart.
The Psalters with the older (inferior) binding are still available for $20. Our Presbytery has a big tub full of them. I sent our brother an email address that he could use to order them.

The Psalters with the older (inferior) binding are still available for $20. Our Presbytery has a big tub full of them. I sent our brother an email address that he could use to order them.

This is perfect. I just need the elders to approve it at their 11/12 session meeting.

The Staff Edition of Sing Psalms produced by the Free Church of Scotland is split-leaf, but you probably want the Scottish Psalter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back