Where Can I Find a Copy of Thomas Boston's Notes on the Marrow Controversy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Thomas Boston's Notes on the Marrow Controversy?

Is it available online, or is there a print copy that can be purchased? :book2:

Thanks, but I've already read through The Marrow of Modern Divinity. I was hoping for Boston's Notes on the book, which I heard recommended by Sinclair Ferguson.

I was listening again this morning to a lecture by Sinclair Ferguson on the Marrow Controversy. At the time he delivered the lecture, he was still a minister in the Church of Scotland. Around 1725, the CoS passed a resolution essentially forbidding its ministers to read the Marrow of Modern Divinity and to caution/warn their congregations against reading it. He said that as far as he knows, the CoS never rescinded this, therefore he could not recommend the Marrow of Modern Divinity to those listening to the lecture. However, he said that no such injunction against Boston's Notes was enacted, and there were copies on the back table that he did recommend!!!

:lol:

What is it all about? Never heard of it

Whether it is lawful to suck the marrow out of the bone of the gospel. One group said, no, it will lead to heart problems; the other groups said, yes, it is just what the heart needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back