Where is the Garden of Eden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Bushey

Puritanboard Commissioner
After Matts sermon this am, we discussed where the garden is today. Obviously, it was originally on Earth. The bible does not mention it after Adam and Eve are ejected. Did God move it? Was it spiritual?

[Edited on 4-23-2006 by Scott Bushey]

I vote for "gone". Gone, so far as the original garden location. Even if we knew its location, or even its former vicinity, the flood did the job of destruction. The garden belonged to "the world that perished."

I agree with Bruce.

On a less serious note, do any Simpsons fans remember the episode where Bart switches out the organist's music with In the Garden of Eden and the whole Church starts singing the lyrics? At one point, Homer turns to Marge and whispers "I remember making out to this hymn..." :lol:

Of Man's first disobedience, and the fruit
Of that forbidden tree whose mortal taste
Brought death into the World, and all our woe,
With loss of Eden, till one greater Man
Restore us, and regain the blissful Seat,
-- Milton, Paradise Lost

Now that they have satellite maps of most of the world at resolutions that allow you to make out details of houses and cars available for public use, I'll bet there are people actually looking at these maps and trying to find some flaming swords...

Originally posted by beej6
Rich, you meant "In A Gadda Da Vida," right? Where's that 60s music thread?
Is that the title? :lol:

The episode was really funny. Sorry to be off topic but it's kind of a cute topic to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back