Which camp do you side with? Evidentialism vs. Presuppositionalism

Which camp do you side with? Evidentialism vs. Presuppositionalism.

• Evidentialism

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Presuppositionalism

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • Some of both

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I have no idea what you're asking

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many puritans either English or Yankee would have been anything other then evidentialist?

I think I am more presuppositional, but it really just depends on who I am talking to/about.

Im presuppositional, but come to think of it I have never heard a decent attempt at evidentiallism by a reformed believer.

Who does a good job of evidentialism? The only kind of Evidentialism Ive ever heard really is from guys like Ray Comfort.

Im presuppositional, but come to think of it I have never heard a decent attempt at evidentiallism by a reformed believer.

Who does a good job of evidentialism? The only kind of Evidentialism Ive ever heard really is from guys like Ray Comfort.

J.P. Moreland and Willliam Lane Craig. They are brilliant, indeed. But you almost have to be as smart as they are to use their arguments. If you are up on your astro-physics and such, go for it. I am not knocking them. They are renown scholars, but you might lose your audience with some of their arguments.

I am not familiar with evidentialism. My only exposure is with VanTil's presuppositional apologetics. I am still learning to familiarize myself with this mode of thinking in confronting thoughts alien to the Scriptures. I just wander how come that presuppositionalism is generally accepted in these days even outside the Reformed camp and yet Van Til's name, his followers and his works are considered strange. I am speaking about my specific situation in my post-Mdiv education here in the Philippines at AGST. Am I correct that presuppositionalism is usually associated with Van til's apologetical system or is there any other version of presuppositionalism outside Reformed camp? Just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back