Which Puritan Paperback Should I Read Today?

Which Puritan Paperback?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m looking forward to read Jeremiah Burroughs and I found John Flavel priceless,

but John Owen is my favourite, in case you haven't read this...please do.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Death-Christ-Controversy-Universal-Redemption/dp/0851513824]Amazon.com: The Death of Death in the Death of Christ: A Treatise in Which the Whole Controversy about Universal Redemption is Fully Discussed: John Owen, J. I. Packer: Books[/ame]

I voted "The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment" by Jeremiah Burroughs

This book is just brimming with grace.

I voted for Owen. But I just can't imagine reading an entire book in one day, unless of coarse it's Green Eggs and Ham and I could just barley finish that in a day. Do you know Evelyn Wood? :lol:

Reading at this stage in my life is more focused towards engorging myself in as much as possible. I'll have time for "getting all its worth" in coming days.

-----Added 1/4/2009 at 07:36:19 EST-----

By the way I am 20 pages into Communion with God.

Thanks all who voted and gave advice!!!

Ahh. Communion With God is awesome. I chose that one.

All the choices are great, in my opinion. I haven't read the Perkins yet, though. But I hear it's incredible.

Burroughs is a blessing to read too. I would read that next.

And Bolton's book is really good too... and you'll notice right away his intellect and logic are quite impressive.

I’m looking forward to read Jeremiah Burroughs and I found John Flavel priceless,

but John Owen is my favourite, in case you haven't read this...please do.

Amazon.com: The Death of Death in the Death of Christ: A Treatise in Which the Whole Controversy about Universal Redemption is Fully Discussed: John Owen, J. I. Packer: Books

Wow, I was going to mention Owen's great work also. Owen has a certain writing style though, and some need to drink some coffee before reading him ;) ;)

Coffee is always good though... :coffee:

But I've found that the more you read of an author you get more and more used to their style, and then before you know it the reading becomes a breeze.

The first reformed writer I read was Spurgeon. And I remember how difficult it was for me at first. But after a few sermons I was flying through them...

Is the Puritan Paperback printing of Communion With God the "revised and abridged" version? If it is, while it might be easier to read, it will not read as deeply or as smoothly as the original work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back