Who are your favorite preachers to listen to, besides your own pastor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Alan Cairns (highest downloads on Sermonaudio)
Late Baptist Pastor Willie Mullan
Dr Clarence Sexton - great way with words
Dr Adrian Rogers - homilectically very well structured

Reading - Martyn Lloyd Jones and to some extent John MacArthur

I enjoy my old pastor at New St. Peter's, Rich Lambert. I also enjoy listening to the pastor I work with now, Paul Brown.

Oops, I overlooked the question.

I suppose the usual crowd:

Ferguson
Sproul

Anyway, listen to Rich, he has been a model of pastor and preacher to me.

Last edited:
[-]Joyce Meyers[/-] Err...I mean...Joey Pipa. :D

I have Dr. Pipa's Westminster Confession of Faith Study Book, I think it is very good. I have never heard him preach however. I think I would like to listen to some of his sermons. I am going to put it on my list of "to do".

[-]Joyce Meyers[/-] Err...I mean...Joey Pipa. :D

I have Dr. Pipa's Westminster Confession of Faith Study Book, I think it is very good. I have never heard him preach however. I think I would like to listen to some of his sermons. I am going to put it on my list of "to do".

He is probably best known for his teaching on the Sabbath, so I would listen to those. And then maybe his sermons on prayer. They can be found here: http://psalm305.blogspot.com/2008/02/joseph-pipa-jr-mp3-sermons.html. I listen to them while I'm doing my research.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

This was a great thread idea. Thanks for the recommendations!

Paul Washer, Voddie Baucham, Ravi Zacharias (more of an apoligist but I love being challenged by his messages).

I attended MacArthur's church while at his school (The Master's College) for a couple of years and still enjoy listening to him.

I listen to Sproul probably more than anyone. I also enjoy Horton quite a bit.

Joey Pipa is a favorite. He preached at our church plant last week and at the inaugural services in June. What passion!

Bill Shishko preached for us this Lord's day and is such an amazing communicator. I have heard him a couple of times before at my last church. I enjoy his sermons on Sermon Audio.

Just added Dr. Robert Morey.

Paul Washer, John Piper, John MacArthur, R.C. Sproul, Al Martin, Mark Dever, Mark Driscoll, I really like John Piper. Piper has really influenced me to preach the doctrine of Election (God's movement has really, but just speaking in human realms.

Last edited:
Allister Begg, Mac Arthur, Sinclair Ferguson, RC Sproul, and I like a Preacher named Jesse Stanfield out of Macon Georgia, I catch him on sermonaudio.com

This is a very useful thread as it made me aware of Arturo Azurdia. I'm really loving his sermons on the Doctrines of Grace.

So who would you all recommend I check out next (besides Sproul, AN Martin, Washer and MacArthur as I already know about them)?

I just finished listening to a wonderful sermon preached by Olivier Favre from Switzerland on "The love of God for his people." It was nearly 1hr 20 mins long!

Even more astounding, I was sorry that he ended! This effect must be a gift.

Wow! A lot of names to look up here! I've never heard of most of these guys...

Anyway, there's really no one I enjoy listening to quite as much as my own pastor, I have to say. But I do enjoy Sproul, Greg Laurie and David Jeremiah (ok, they're not even close to Reformed, but I like them!), Adam Kaloostian of the Ontario URC, Dr. Robert Godfrey of Westminster Seminary, Brett McNeill of Reformation OPC in Olympia, WA. We once did a series done by the late John Gerstner and he was also excellent. Mike Horton often goes way over my head, although he's very good at what he does. And I have mixed feelings about MacArthur. My church often invites the licentiates from Westminster Seminary to preach and I've enjoyed several of them as well.

I also don't often listen to preaching except in church I guess.

Mark Chanski, Greg Nichols, Joseph Bartosch, Conrad Mbewe, Bill Hughes... personal lifelines ... but rubbish compared to God's Word alone

My favorite preachers are the ones who accurately preach the word. I see a lot of them listed before my post. Some are famous, some known by few. I'm most thankful for the "little old me's" who hang in there for many years, with little encouragement, who have dedicated their whole life to feed and protect the sheep. Without them the wolves feast.

Wow! A lot of names to look up here! I've never heard of most of these guys...

Anyway, there's really no one I enjoy listening to quite as much as my own pastor, I have to say. But I do enjoy Sproul, Greg Laurie and David Jeremiah (ok, they're not even close to Reformed, but I like them!), Adam Kaloostian of the Ontario URC, Dr. Robert Godfrey of Westminster Seminary, Brett McNeill of Reformation OPC in Olympia, WA. We once did a series done by the late John Gerstner and he was also excellent. Mike Horton often goes way over my head, although he's very good at what he does. And I have mixed feelings about MacArthur. My church often invites the licentiates from Westminster Seminary to preach and I've enjoyed several of them as well.

I also don't often listen to preaching except in church I guess.

I think that David Jeremiah might be a soft/closet Calvinist. He has associations with Keith and Kristyn Getty and he comes across as Reformed in a more broadly evangelical sort of way, at least to me.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Some of my favorite preachers are:

John Piper, R.C. Sproul, Mark Driscoll, Tope Koleoso, Bill Kittrell, Bryan Chappell, Tim Keller, Thabiti Anyabwile, Eric Mason, Jerome Gay, D'hati Lewis, and Michael Youseff.

But my favorite preachers of all are T.D. Jakes, Joel Osteen, Rod Parsley, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, and Paula White. Just kidding about the last ones here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back