Who is the most dodgy popular preacher

Who is the most dodgy popular preacher?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon 316

Puritan Board Sophomore
Candidates should be judged on their hermenuetics, Exegesis, Christ centredness and if you must... hairstyles and suits. ;)

apologies... local dialect for erm not what it should be. I.e you buy a used car which seems to work... you drive it down the hill and the wheels fall off. Its not what you thought...its 'dodgy'...

:lol: I say "hinky", but not everyone in the States uses that either! :lol:

I'm just glad you didn't mean preachers like Elijah or Jonah who try to run from the pulpit!

apologies... local dialect for erm not what it should be. I.e you buy a used car which seems to work... you drive it down the hill and the wheels fall off. Its not what you thought...its 'dodgy'...

So are you asking which of these preachers are really bad (according to hermeneutics, exegesis, etc.) or are you asking which one do we look at and seems like they would be good, but really a heretic?

I chose all of them but Rick Warren. While Warren has his faults, I wouldn't lump him in with the rest of that crowd.

So are you asking which of these preachers are really bad (according to hermeneutics, exegesis, etc.) or are you asking which one do we look at and seems like they would be good, but really a heretic?

hmmm good question... probably the first, but I'd sure be interested to know your opinion on the second point. In a sense that is more dangerous.

-----Added 2/19/2009 at 05:39:05 EST-----

I LOVE IT: ColdSilverMoon voted for each one on a question of 'Who is the MOST...". haha

that could be my fault, ignore the 'could', it is my fault. I enabled the setting to do this... perhaps the question should read who are the most dodgy...bad grammar... and to think I am a school teacher! scary

Don't worry about it, i like the poll so far, even allowing for multiple answers, it is more fun!

To answer the second question, I don't think any appear good. Whether it starts with a 'preacher' wearing a Hawaiian shirt, or a goofy smile, or suite that only millionaires can wear, or having a show on TBN, or it being a woman, they all appear 'not good' up front.

man, Hinn and Osteen are neck and neck at this point! Yet both are very different. Interesting.

Well in terms of scope of deception I go with Osteen and jakes.

For depth of heresy i go with DuPlantis as he claims to have actually been to Heaven and stood before Christ.

Must this kind Englishman only point out American heretics?:p:lol:

You left out Gino Jennings. Locally, he's by far the finest :p TV preacher.

The holy spirit tells him what to preach when he gets up front; you should never prepare a sermon ahead of time. He has these body guards standing next to him who echo "amen". Lately he put out a bible with the apocrypha and an extra book or two. He's so mesmerizing to watch, I mean, its better than comedy when he gets going. I know the WHInn guys watch TBN for fun, but Gino Jennings beats them all if you ask me.

Benny Hinn is probably the most absurdly strange and heretical person on that list, I think.

[video=youtube;x4yFHQ7Ih6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4yFHQ7Ih6k[/video]

Last edited:
Dodgy.......they are all full of flip flop and heresy, but Osteen takes the cake for denying the exclusivity of Christ twice during interviews. Well shucks gee golly, I wouldn't say just quite that:barfy::barfy::barfy::barfy::barfy::barfy::barfy::barfy::barfy::barfy::barfy:

See, my interpretation was that you wanted the one who APPEARS to be sound but really isn't when you dig down. Hinn, Jakes, Copeland, Myers - you can tell right up front, so I didn't vote for them.

See, my interpretation was that you wanted the one who APPEARS to be sound but really isn't when you dig down. Hinn, Jakes, Copeland, Myers - you can tell right up front, so I didn't vote for them.

I voted for Hinn because although I can see everyone on the list as a bonefide fool, the typical American 'Christian' has a discernment nearly equal to a tomato.

Theognome

I voted for Benny Hinn too, I saw him here in Lisbon in 1990 in a Pentecostal Convention called Eurofire, all of it was really bad, but Hinn never even quoted a single verse of the Bible. What he said and did you might imagine, to sad to be mentioned.

I voted for Benny Hinn as well. He was in my country last Feb. 2003, and I attended his healing crusade with my parents and other people from my former Pentecostal church. I did not know anything about Reformed Theology back then, but I was quite suspicious already of some of the things he was and is fond of doing. He is extremely popular among Filipino Pentecostals.

Virtually everyone present in the Manila mega-church where his crusade was held got "slain in the Spirit." I was not spared because my mother held my left hand, and the old woman beside me held my right hand. Both of them got "slain in the Spirit" and I simply allowed myself (like the rest) to fall back into the chair behind me.

I voted for Hinn, but my old favorite wasn't on the list - Does anyone remember Rev. Ike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back