Who Is The Smartest PB Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHA! Sir Isaac Newton had an IQ of 190, Bill is one of the smartest people that has ever lived, and he is right here on our board. :wow:
What Different IQ Scores Mean

High IQ & Genius IQ

Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:

* 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
* 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
* 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
* 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
* 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
* 165-179 - High genius
* 180-200 - Highest genius
* >200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

More notes on High IQ and Genius IQ:
Einstein was considered to "only" have an IQ of about 160.
Estimated I.Q. of Famous People
(teasing)
Bill, I get this everyday I go to work so don't worry I am getting mine. :)
-----Added 3/30/2009 at 10:30:32 EST-----

The people I work with,
Low IQ & Mental Retardation

5% of people have an IQ under 70 and this is generally considered as the benchmark for "mental retardation", a condition of limited mental ability in that it produces difficulty in adapting to the demands of life.

Severity of mental retardation can be broken into 4 levels:
50-70 - Mild mental retardation (85%)[
35-50 - Moderate mental retardation (10%)
20-35 - Severe mental retardation (4%)
IQ < 20 - Profound mental retardation (1%) I think this is my boss...

-----Added 3/30/2009 at 10:38:05 EST-----

-----Added 3/30/2009 at 10:47:06 EST-----

I'm about 80 but because I'm one of the early beta testers for the Google Chip I've been able to compensate pretty well for my lack of....... oh, I love this song.

The IQ test for children is different than the IQ test for adults. The children's test tends to inflate the calculation of IQ, which is why the lady with the highest IQ in the world is often criticized for not taking the adult version. She has the highest IQ because she uses her inflated result from her childhood test. At what age did you take your test, Bill? :detective:

In fact, what year did you test, Bill? The older tests generally yield higher results (which is also what the lady with the highest IQ used :p).

Not bragging here, but IQ is not all it is cracked up to be. My parents and all of their children qualify for Mensa. I checked into it. What an incredible waste of time. I've never seen so much squandered intelligence. Most of the folks that I've met that talked about their being in Mensa were insecure and very liberal in their social views.

Agreed. Give me "wisdom" any day of the week vs. Pure IQ.

If all those foreign women could lead Solomon's heart astray, Just think how easy it will be to throw the towel in for our crowned wenner of this thread...

*** smiling ***

The IQ test for children is different than the IQ test for adults. The children's test tends to inflate the calculation of IQ, which is why the lady with the highest IQ in the world is often criticized for not taking the adult version. She has the highest IQ because she uses her inflated result from her childhood test. At what age did you take your test, Bill? :detective:

In fact, what year did you test, Bill? The older tests generally yield higher results (which is also what the lady with the highest IQ used :p).

See? I told you it was a doofus in a smock!

1977- I was 9.

Theognome

I just noticed this...

The Calvin quote in my signature line, "Man is retarded by the sluggishness of the flesh, and make's less progress than he ought. The Law acts like a whip to the flesh, urging it on as men do a lazy sluggish ass. Even in the case of a spiritual man, inasmuch as he is still burdened with the weight of the flesh, the Law is a constant stimulus, pricking him forward when he would indulge in sloth."-John Calvin Book II, chapter 7 sec. 12

We are all retards when it comes to doing what God requires of us. Knowing the bible brings up spiritual IQ.

Your mom's IQ is 195.
JESSI!:lol: What is with all the "Mom" shots! MEOW!:cool::cool::cool: I thought the "Your Momma" jokes were a guys thing!:):cool:

I've gotta keep the people happy↓↓↓ (Plus, it's true, not a joke.)

Your mom.

:lol:...always - you never let me down on these threads Jessi. I have come to expect it, and am disappointed when you don't. :lol:
I got ya Jessi. Carry on then!:)

Your mom's IQ is 195.
JESSI!:lol: What is with all the "Mom" shots! MEOW!:cool::cool::cool: I thought the "Your Momma" jokes were a guys thing!:):cool:

I've gotta keep the people happy↓↓↓ (Plus, it's true, not a joke.)

Your mom.

:lol:...always - you never let me down on these threads Jessi. I have come to expect it, and am disappointed when you don't. :lol:

Good, good...glad to keep you employed. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back