• Pilgrim

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romans922

Puritan Board Professor
Who among the top 25 posters is your favorite PBer, whether based on personality, character, love for God, etc.????

Can I vote for more than one? I like all of 'em, except that turmeric critter is kinda weird sometimes! :banana:

I most certainly did not!

I couldn't make up my mind...I wanted to vote the entire list, but limited myself to a handful. I have to say, that most ppl here have been very patient with me and each have been helpful in my walk in different ways.

Basing my decision on my limited experience with PB, I had to go with VirginiaHuguenot. I get the impression he likes history:pilgrim: , and books:book2: , and seems adept at research:detective: . I must echo that it was a tough choice, but a choice had to be made. :banana:

I can't pick one, or even several...sorry. Although Scott B. called me way back when I first got reformed :) He had to calm me down because I had my former Arminian brothers so upset they were coming her to complain! (Yes, I'm serious!)

Oh come on now people, am I the only one that loves watching a classic Paul Manata smackdown?!

(Now that I'm not a baptist anymore, that is!)

There are definitely a good collection of names up there (except that SemperFideles guy who's a geek). One person, not on the list, who I always enjoy reading is Rev. Winzer (armourbearer).

There are definitely a good collection of names up there (except that SemperFideles guy who's a geek). One person, not on the list, who I always enjoy reading is Rev. Winzer (armourbearer).
:ditto: Rev. Winzer is easily one of my favorite posters here. What a blessing to have him on the board!

Must say, I'm not sure Board popularity contests are a great idea. That said I did vote for someone (not saying who) and my favourite couple of PBers were not on the list.

I can't and I won't vote for a favorite. Though there is an element of fun here, and I love fun, this type of activity tends to trivialize the true worth of everyone on the board.

Besides, for the sake of those whom I respect the most I would refrain from tempting them with pride or embarrassing them with unsolicited exaltation.

Instead I will quote historian John T. McNeil who captures my personal sentiments for everyone in this community:

"From John Cotton to Jonathan Edwards, New England puritanism passed through an epoch of greatness and produced a type of human being that no just and informed mind can think of without admiration."

Though not everyone would agree I would quickly apply this same opinion to the Puritan Board and it's members. :up: You've all got my vote.

I can't and I won't vote for a favorite. Though there is an element of fun here, and I love fun, this type of activity tends to trivialize the true worth of everyone on the board.

Besides, for the sake of those whom I respect the most I would refrain from tempting them with pride or embarrassing them with unsolicited exaltation.

Instead I will quote historian John T. McNeil who captures my personal sentiments for everyone in this community:

"From John Cotton to Jonathan Edwards, New England puritanism passed through an epoch of greatness and produced a type of human being that no just and informed mind can think of without admiration."

Though not everyone would agree I would quickly apply this same opinion to the Puritan Board and it's members. :up: You've all got my vote.

I concur. And since we've all got your vote, would you mind voting for everyone above so I can move past the 0% mark? I'm having flashbacks of not getting picked for sports as a kid...:( :lol:

Nevermind...Just remembered this verse:
ESV Luke 9:48 and said to them, "Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. For he who is least among you all is the one who is great."

And we're all pretty special:
ESV Luke 7:28 I tell you, among those born of women none is greater than John. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."​

:agree: And now I think I will go vote for you Bob:cheers2: .

I voted for Draught Horse since he is an unashamed presuppositionalist and postmill and the way in which he responds with people who disagree, I think is wise and graceful (usually). Reminds me of what Bahnsen called humble boldness.

I would also like to give honourable mention to VirginiaHuguenot, DTK (David King), Paul Manata and crhoades for their helpful and informative posts.

As you can see, most, but not all, of my favorites are based on my own personal biases. So the rest of you guys, don't feel bad.
:D

Here, here! Ditto.

Chris Rhoades:
I concur. And since we've all got your vote, would you mind voting for everyone above so I can move past the 0% mark? I'm having flashbacks of not getting picked for sports as a kid...

(Looking around, looking..... looking) Oh OK, I'll take Chris. Go stand in right field Chris. If the ball comes to you just hand it to Josh.

Kevin:
And now I think I will go vote for you Bob .

That was my scheme all along!

0576744.jpg

You love me, you really love me.

Well stated, Bob. I should have refrained as well. Honestly, we all have our strengths and weaknesses (and there were ppl left off the list that I hold in high esteem as well).

Not going to vote; this kind of thing is unseemly, maybe not as much as "who is your least favorite PB member" but putting it that way perhaps makes the point.

Chris Rhoades:

(Looking around, looking..... looking) Oh OK, I'll take Chris. Go stand in right field Chris. If the ball comes to you just hand it to Josh.

Not right field...Again! The only position that gets less use is catcher in T-ball. And yes...I played that one too.:(

Not saying who I voted for, but I went with the one who, In my humble opinion, does his best to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

Glad I wasn't on that list. I'm more of a hockey kind of guy.

My vote reminded me of the Greco-Roman history class I'm currently taking - and in more ways than one! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back