• Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken

• TKK

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11889

fried-chicken-happiness-meme.jpg

Owing to health concerns necessitating that I be careful with carbs in general and gluten specifically, things like sandwiches aren't a prominent part of my life. But fried chicken is the one area where I can sometimes fudge without too much consequence. Since I'm craving it and can't have it right now, and since there seems to be a place for a bit of levity right now, here's my weighty question for the day.

Since this is my first poll, I have no idea if other answers can be added after the fact. I'm limiting the options to chains, but would love to hear of any local joints that top someone's personal list.

Fried Chicken - Stroud's - simple, traditional pan-fried chicken. Yum!

Chicken Sandwich? - Chick-Fil-A - every good Reformed person knows that...

Moderators, is there a limit to the number of choices in a poll, or the number of times it can be changed? Just curious.

Moderators, is there a limit to the number of choices in a poll, or the number of times it can be changed? Just curious.
I don't know. I pulled up this poll and I did not see a way to add more choices. When you created it, could you have kept going with more choices? I can reset the votes to zero or delete the poll, also edit the question or the current choices, but I can't add any additional choices,

A little further vindication of the overall Champion... :cool:

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
  • 690 calories
  • 42g fat
  • 14g saturated fat
  • 1443mg sodium
  • 28g protein
Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
  • 440 calories
  • 19g fat
  • 4g saturated fat
  • 1,350mg sodium
  • 28g protein

I don't know. I pulled up this poll and I did not see a way to add more choices. When you created it, could you have kept going with more choices? I can reset the votes to zero or delete the poll, also edit the question or the current choices, but I can't add any additional choices,
Yes - I went through a couple rounds of adding more choices.

A little further vindication of the overall Champion... :cool:

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
  • 690 calories
  • 42g fat
  • 14g saturated fat
  • 1443mg sodium
  • 28g protein
Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
  • 440 calories
  • 19g fat
  • 4g saturated fat
  • 1,350mg sodium
  • 28g protein
Wait, how is this a vindication of Popeye's? Unless one is presuming a direct correlation between fat content and flavor quality...

Yes - I went through a couple rounds of adding more choices.

Wait, how is this a vindication of Popeye's? Unless one is presuming a direct correlation between fat content and flavor quality...
Looks like there is a limit that can be set but that is a Rich access only setting. My guess is it must 15 since my editing does not allow adding any more.

I think you misunderstand, my friend. You will see which one I voted for (which, of course, automatically qualifies it as Champion), as opposed to the one perhaps favored by the most participants... "overall" = taste + appearance + nutrition

Respectfully, the Canadian chain Mary Brown's is the best. Of the Yankee chains that I have tried, Popeyes is perfectly cromulent.
edit: I sounded too disparaging of Popeyes. In light of Mary Brown's, an understandable error.

Last edited:
Looks like there is a limit that can be set but that is a Rich access only setting. My guess is it must 15 since my editing does not allow adding any more.
You mean even admin powers have their limits? Say it isn't so...

I think you misunderstand, my friend. You will see which one I voted for (which, of course, automatically qualifies it as Champion), as opposed to the one perhaps favored by the most participants...
You're right; I did misunderstand. My bad!

Time was, the best fried chicken came from a crossroads place that had greens with fat back on the menu and the waitress would open the ordering conversation with: "sweet tea?"

Time was, the best fried chicken came from a crossroads place that had greens with fat back on the menu and the waitress would open the ordering conversation with: "sweet tea?"
It makes me uncomfortable when wait staff hit on me...

Bojangles, hands down. Since leaving North Carolina for Colorado, I've been missing it greatly. Popeye's is similar and much better known, but those who vote for Popeye's without having tried Bojangles need to do a comparison test.

What about those of us who have never tried either?

We had Bojangles for the first time this summer. Great price and great chicken. Hiking all day and being starved probably didn’t influence our enjoyment in the slightest. Probably.

Based on the poll results so far, a lot of PB'ers are clearly under the sway of Big-Chicky

I've been hesitant to voice on here the shameful fact that I've never had Popeyes, but thankfully the confessions don't take a clear position on the matter and the board rules and regulations don't forbid willful and deliberate non-Popeye-eaters from joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back