Who needs the Holy Spirit when you've got the pope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berean

Puritanboard Commissioner
I almost choked when I read this headline:

Pope outlines latest effort revive Christianity

Someone who's not Christian and doesn't know what it means to be one is going to revive Christianity in Europe. I know, it's the same old discussion about the RCC, but I couldn't pass on this story about Rome's latest twisted adventure.

By NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press Writer Nicole Winfield, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 31 mins ago

VATICAN CITY – Pope Benedict XVI formally created a new Vatican office Tuesday to revive Christianity in Europe, his latest attempt to counter secular trends in traditionally Christian countries.

Pope outlines latest effort revive Christianity -

:barfy:

Indeed, by claiming the title, "vicar of Christ", he is essentially taking on the role of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the only vicar of Christ on earth.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

the evangelization office is expected to also pay attention to Latin America, where evangelical movements are making inroads in traditionally Catholic countries such as Brazil.

So the other side of this is that they are organizing the Brazilian counterreformation to counteract the ongoing Brazilian Reformation.

I blame the hat. I'd have delusions of grandeur if I were walking around balancing that thing on my head, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back