Who on PB doesn't care for sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind going to the occasional sports game to watch and mostly to socialize, but I couldn't care less about sports. Who else couldn't care less about sports?
We may have to be specific on the definition here. Sports as you described it watching you kids play organized is one thing, Sports done by individuals for health and fitness may be another, then there is the multi billion dollar greed of money called Sports.

I personally have no desire to watch multi billion dollar men playing to make owners and teams rich.

count me as one who used to eat breathe and sleep sports but now follows his spurs to a decent degree and world matches for usa men soccer team and maybe a little texans if they play well but other then that I find sharing the gospel, going to church, a good debate, book, lecture, theological talk more fun than watching or playing any sport! :)

I'm missing the sports gene entirely. I never enjoyed or excelled at team sports and am bored to death watching it on t.v. I'll enjoy myself if I actually go to a hockey game, but it's more for the spectacle, and the hotdog and beer, than for whatever is going on down on the ice.

I can totally sympathize with you Canadians. Hockey is utterly boring.

Thank goodness they've got curling to keep things exciting!

I am not a sports' fan, unless I am watching my daughter's play church league basketball. My children participate to stay in shape, and they do it because they want to.

I can't help but share the comment I heard a "basketball mom" (wife of one of the founders of the program) make at the church league practice last week. It almost made me want to pull my children out of the program. She said, (my paraphrase) Most people don't realize how lucky we are to have such a strong basketball program at our church. The children have been playing together for years. They know each other so well, they play better and they are able to win more games.

While she was stating a truth, it bothered me. I know that this church has little outreach in the community except for the basketball program. I also know the church has shrunk considerably since the time the basketball program started (not entirely due to the basketball program).

Perhaps this is a current soapbox for me, but I do wonder if the church is the place to have sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back