Who on PB uses Obsidian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
I just started using Obsidian for taking notes. Is it possible to transfer en masse my google drive files to Obsidian?

@Rom does I believe, so he could help. I haven’t dove into Obsidian yet but have thought about it.

@RamistThomist - since Obsidian uses Markdown as its file format, you can convert Google Docs to Markdown with this plugin:
Google Docs to Markdown Markdown Reference | Markdown Guide

And then should be able to move it into your vault. Might be a good place to start. There is also a community importer plugin (for Obsidian itself) to bring notes from other applications (like Apple Notes, OneNote, etc.) but I do not believe it supports Google Docs. But exporting the Google Docs to Markdown might be a good place to begin.

@RamistThomist - since Obsidian uses Markdown as its file format, you can convert Google Docs to Markdown with this plugin:

And then should be able to move it into your vault. Might be a good place to start. There is also a community importer plugin (for Obsidian itself) to bring notes from other applications (like Apple Notes, OneNote, etc.) but I do not believe it supports Google Docs. But exporting the Google Docs to Markdown might be a good place to begin.

How are you liking it overall? Thoughts on its use for business, study, pastorate? How about writing seminary papers?

Thanks. I probably should research what Markdown is first.

How are you liking it overall? Thoughts on its use for business, study, pastorate? How about writing seminary papers?

I like how it makes connections. I want to import my sunday school lessons into it and see what it looks like. I'm not sure I would use it for writing papers yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back