Who will win the Stanley Cup?

Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It ain't over till it its over.

This is ever so true.

Detroit pro sports teams have stunk up finals series in the past worse than any dead octopus, left exposed to the elements in the middle of Woodward Ave. for a couple of weeks, could ever stink. (Exhibit A, for all time: the Lions and their record over the past 51 years... Not that they've ever made it to "finals," the Superbowl, because they haven't. And they won't, at least not as long as Bill Ford is in charge.) I am prepared for the possibility, personally, that the Red Wings could lose the rest of the series, and the Stanley Cup would go to the Penguins. (But nobody else around here is... :) :smug: ) Agree with you, wsw201...

Osgood played what was possibly the game of his life last night - and he's had a lot of those...

Margaret

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Ot Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petr Sykora!!!!!! Lets Go Pen's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ladies and Gentleman Elvis has just left the building!"

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hold the Cup and Champagne, we are going back to Pittsburgh!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable game!

Talbot in the final minute of regulation with the extra attacker...

Gonchar returns and tallies an assist!

"Great balls of fire!"

(I listened to the Mike Lange Broadcast and can't get his one liners out of my head)

I too hope the Pens win! But boy, that Detroit team is good.

The Penguins were the first team I ever cheered for besides my Edmonton Oilers, it was during there first cup run. I was hoping for an Oilers/Penguins cup final but stupid Minnesota North Stars destroyed my world. Then the following year the Chicago Blackhawks destroyed my world.

Unbelievable game!

Talbot in the final minute of regulation with the extra attacker...

Gonchar returns and tallies an assist!

"Great balls of fire!"

(I listened to the Mike Lange Broadcast and can't get his one liners out of my head)

Mike Lange is by far the best play-by-play guy in sports.

You were right, BP, and I expected it, although I didn't voice it above: the Wings tend to choke when it counts.

The Pens are skating circles around them. All those Red Wings fans who paid up to $4K for a ticket to last night's game, plus went to a "special octopus store" in Royal Oak to get a 35-pounder, are dumber than that octopus was when it was alive.

I watched the game on the CBC because of commentators Ron MacLean and Don Cherry ("Hockey Night in Canada," they call it; it's a venerable Detroit institution, as long as the Maple Leafs have been eliminated) - but I gave up on it in the third OT. I could see "Pen Power" building and the Wings fading - and I couldn't take it. Don Cherry calls 'em as he sees 'em, and he minces no words... I do enjoy his "clown suits" as I call them, although for him, he was pretty conservatively dressed last night.

Pens in 6.

Margaret

I too hope the Pens win! But boy, that Detroit team is good.

I highly doubt that Detroit will loose three in a row. Even when they loose they are dominate. If it wasn't for Fleury the Wings would have won pretty quickly.

What should Babcock tell his team to do differently? Fleury can't stop 50 shots every night. They should just continue to play their game and they should win one here. Of course I hope I am wrong but like you said Detroit is good. Even when they loose.

When in doubt about the best mode d'emploi of choking strategy, the Wings tend to take their inspiration, if not counsel, from "that team that's never made it to the Superbowl." Who's better at choking when it counts and playing dead on defense than the Lions?

I respectfully assert that Fleury can stop 50 shots on goal in a night, especially when the shots are aimed in the general direction of the Ambassador Bridge rather than at the Penguins' net.

Pens in 7.

Margaret

P. S. (Yep, I'm a fair-weather fan, and I've been a Detroit sports fan for probably longer than most of you have been alive... :um: All of the major-league franchises, except for maybe the Pistons, take us fans for granted, and some of us are a little tired of it.)

You were right, BP, and I expected it, although I didn't voice it above: the Wings tend to choke when it counts.

The Pens are skating circles around them. All those Red Wings fans who paid up to $4K for a ticket to last night's game, plus went to a "special octopus store" in Royal Oak to get a 35-pounder, are dumber than that octopus was when it was alive.

I watched the game on the CBC because of commentators Ron MacLean and Don Cherry ("Hockey Night in Canada," they call it; it's a venerable Detroit institution, as long as the Maple Leafs have been eliminated) - but I gave up on it in the third OT. I could see "Pen Power" building and the Wings fading - and I couldn't take it. Don Cherry calls 'em as he sees 'em, and he minces no words... I do enjoy his "clown suits" as I call them, although for him, he was pretty conservatively dressed last night.

Pens in 6.

Margaret

That is by far the best thing about living up there, receiving CBC. I find CBC TV shows better and of course they show Hockey with commentators who are not terrible!!!

Yeah, CBC is by far better than NBC or whoever else shows the games. But then again, I'd rather watch on NBC then nothing else :s

Detroit is clearly a much better team than the Penguins. The Penguins have a bunch of incredibly awesome individual talent that is transformed by Crosby into a functional team. But Detroit is a well oiled powerful team, with incredible depth, that also has its share of superstars.

Fleury is going to need to be like Hextall was against the Oilers in the 80s or Roy was against the Flames and Kings if there is going to be any hope of the Penguins winning two more games against that juggernaut which is the Red Wings.

But you know what: GO PENS GO!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
Oilers RULE!!!!!!!!!!

at golf :(

next year.....:D

Detroit will win, because I am from Michigan and I have to say that and also they are just the best team period. The second period just ended and we are one up. I don't care about more goals; what I care about is holding off the Penguins for the next twenty minutes.

Crosby and Malkin will win their Stanley Cups. What a game and what a finish. Detroit's defense was solid throughout and Osgood made a heck of a save at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back