Who'd a Thunk It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Did you know that avante-gard musician Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet) is distantly related (on his mother's side) to B. B. Warfield? His mother's maiden name was Warfield, and the Wikipedia article I read said that he is distantly related to Wallis Simpson Warfield, the woman the King gave up his throne for back in the 1930s. She was related to B. B.

Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1851-1921) and Captain Beefheart (born in 1941) related!

Who'd a thunk it?

(Sorta like finding out that Machen and Tiny Tim are related...)

Did you know that avante-gard musician Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet) is distantly related (on his mother's side) to B. B. Warfield? His mother's maiden name was Warfield, and the Wikipedia article I read said that he is distantly related to Wallis Simpson Warfield, the woman the King gave up his throne for back in the 1930s. She was related to B. B.

Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1851-1921) and Captain Beefheart (born in 1941) related!

Who'd a thunk it?

(Sorta like finding out that Machen and Tiny Tim are related...)

Wild! Beefheart is deemed the greatest rock musician of all time in Peter Scaruffi's History of Rock Music. Beefheart is really hard to get into, but once you hang out with it for awhile it grows on you like Tom Waits or Zappa.

I'm distantly related to Adam. Everybody knows who that is. I've never heard of Captain Beefheart.

/condescension

:D

Here's a clip of Beefheart...you'll either find it interesting or you'll wonder who would ever subject themselves to listening to him:

[video=youtube;1MnQx80nS9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MnQx80nS9U&feature=related[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back