Whole Bean Coffees

Discussion in 'The Iron Chef' started by fredtgreco, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

Y'all should have seen the flames we generated when we tried to use a home roaster! The idea was we could get green beans cheaper and have our coffee fresh-roasted. We had had one that worked fairly well, but in tiny batches. So we went to a larger style, saw its pyro tendencies, and haven't tried it again:lol:

2. Curt

Curt Puritan Board Graduate

Fred,

Try https://justlovecoffee.com/. I've only tried the Ugandan Dark Roast, but loved it. It's not cheap, but it attached to an adoption organization.

3. Marrow Man

Marrow Man Drunk with Powder

If we were real coffee snobs, we'd be suggesting you get Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica. But I doubt the office will spring for $60/lb...

4. jfhutson

jfhutson Puritan Board Freshman

Coffee Review - The World's Leading Coffee Guide rates most of these coffees on a 100 point scale. They are done by professional tasters and have full descriptions.

My wife gets huge amounts of Kirkland Signature Columbian (rated 83/100) at Costco and I freeze most of it and keep about a week supply unfrozen. I don't know how cheap it is but she says cheaper than TJ's.

The Dunkin' and Trader Joe's advocates are also correct, many their coffees rate in the 80s and 90s and are cheap.

5. tlharvey7

tlharvey7 Puritan Board Freshman

6. J. Dean

J. Dean Puritan Board Junior

The man speaks truth!!!!

There is only one way to make good coffee, and it is the French Press!

Hmm... think I should go make some right now...

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

BTW, if you can find Brazilian coffee beans, I highly recommend them.

7. Jesus is my friend

Jesus is my friend Puritan Board Junior

I second that,Costco has a three pound bag of the Sumatra french roast (red bag) for about 19 bucks,it's the best buy for a quality coffee and it's dirt cheap for us being on a tight budget

8. tommyb

tommyb Puritan Board Freshman

Find a coffee store that sells Peruvian beans and dark roast Costa Rican beans. Mix them together in a 2:1 ratio Peruvian to the Costa Rican. (Two peruvian beans for every Costa Rican bean. Just guesstimate don't actually count them). Use a French Press and grind the beans fresh for each batch. Result - pure heaven on earth if you are a coffee nut. (like me!)

9. SolaScriptura

SolaScriptura Puritan Board Doctor

That is still the case. :)

10. Glenn Ferrell

Glenn Ferrell Puritan Board Junior

11. Mark Walter

Mark Walter Puritan Board Freshman

Mystic Monk or Pete's. Both are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.