Whole Bible Commentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Hudson

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey guys was really looking for a good "full bible commentary (reformed of course)" I have Walvoord and Zuck's Bible knowledge comm..but, I'm looking into getting another; any suggestions??? Also as Individual book comm, I was thinking of getting Sproul's on the book of John.

Last edited:
Matthew Poole's commentary on the Holy Bible.

Perhaps the only true rival to Matthew Henry! Charles Spurgeon said: "If I must have only one commentary, and had read Matthew Henry as I have, I do not know but what I should choose Poole. He is a very prudent and judicious commentator . . . not so pithy and witty by far as Matthew Henry, but he is perhaps more accurate, less a commentator, and more an expositor." 3104 pages total, three hardcovers from Hendrickson.

Matthew Poole's Commentary, 3 Volumes: Matthew Poole: 9780917006289: Christianbook.com

The only problem I have with this commentary set is that the font is very small, but otherwise it is the one I keep next to my Bible.

$25 for Poole is a great deal. I would go for that. And it looks like they have Matthew Henry for only $35...

Thanks so much for the reply's brothers..Lord Willing I def think I'm gonna go with Poole's

If you download esword.com you can get some good stuff for free on your computer. http://www.puritanboard.com/f78/another-great-free-deal-1-000s-classics-49143/

You can download John Gill, Matthew Henry, Calvin, and Poole all free. Plus a lot of other good resources like Robert Shaw's commentary on the Westminster Confession of faith. You can also download the London Baptist Confession and whole lot of other great reasources.

This is the bible program I use on my computer. It has a lot of language helps also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back