Whooo Hooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinist Cowboy

Puritan Board Junior
Today I picked up all six volumes of Matthew Henry's Commentary for just $35 (plus tax, of course there's always tax) from a bargain bookstore. Needless to say, when I saw those green tomes peering at me on the shelf, I went bug-eyed! Why would someone part with something so valuable?

Why would somebody part with them? Because God put in their hearts to get rid of it so that you could pick them up!!!!! Nice catch.

That's great! My father-in-law gave me his copies because he knew I would use them more than he would. My husband and I have found them to be very helpful. Enjoy them!

I found Henry in 3 volumes at a rummage sale. I believe I got them for 5 bucks. They are almost as old as Henry himself. I was bug eyed in my heart but put on my best poker face less the seller raise the price in proportion to my bugged eyes. :eek: {That'll be 5... uhhh... 50 dollars.}

I found Henry in 3 volumes at a rummage sale. I believe I got them for 5 bucks. They are almost as old as Henry himself. I was bug eyed in my heart but put on my best poker face less the seller raise the price in proportion to my bugged eyes. :eek: {That'll be 5... uhhh... 50 dollars.}

:lol: Wow, now that's almost a case of defrauding the seller!

Today I picked up all six volumes of Matthew Henry's Commentary for just $35 (plus tax, of course there's always tax) from a bargain bookstore. Needless to say, when I saw those green tomes peering at me on the shelf, I went bug-eyed! Why would someone part with something so valuable?

Although I did not get the full 6 volume set, I did manage to pick up Matthew Henrys Commentary in one volume at a used bookstore for like 5$....and it was practically brand new.... it is amazing what you can find!
You got a nice deal!

:book2:
I was saved when I was 17 years old and read a ton of good Reformed literature right from the beginning (my first book was Watson's Heaven Taken By Storm). On my 18th birthday the woman who led me to Christ gave me a big-fat one volume Henry set with like size 6 font! I still have it (although I use an electronic edition now) and VIVIDLY remember what she wrote in it:

"Happy 18th birthday Nathan. Now you can NEVER say that you DIDN'T know! Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus."

It sent chills up my spine when I read it. As a Gen-Xer who met Christ- the idea of accountability was something new to me!

Now as Mary, the woman who led me to Christ would say (in a large Italian way with a hand in the air), "Now READ it!"
:book2:

Good catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back