Whosoever.Org The site for Gay Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonoftheday

Puritan Board Sophomore
Whosoever Magazine

So I was cruising the old Google and came across this website. It says its online magazine for homosexual christians, as if there were such a thing. This site is totally depraved, but it provides good insight into the mindset of the Homosexual desperatly trying to justify thier own sins. I found the introduction to thier so called "exegesis" of the "clobber verses"(the verses that speak against homosexuality) to be interesting. In it, it says.

In this section of Whosoever we explore the 6 "clobber passages" and several other verses used as "prooftexts" of homosexuality's condemnation.

Before we begin we must clarify the concept of "prooftexts" or isogesis. To defend their assertion that God condemns homosexuals, people always use small passages from the Bible to prove their point. Using the Bible in this manner is destructive. Instead of "exegesis" which involves examining the history of scripture to find out what it means and how it applies to us, "eisegesis" approaches scripture with a preconceived idea of what you will find there. It is abuse of scripture.

So rather than taking in the whole of the scriptures from Adam and Eve, to the Christ recieving his bride the church (all of which teaches 1 woman 1man), we just rip verses out of context. The writer then begins ripping each verse from its historical and textual context to try and say that the word translated Homosexual/sodomite means male prostitute, and Paul is only condemning Homosexual acts used as Idolatry, or that only Homosexual rape is condemned not consentual homosexual acts.

Anyways I found the arguments made to be an interesting perversion of scripture mainly because I often find myself debating homosexuals online (and in RL occasionaly) and it is always helpful to understanding how they missunderstand scripture so that we can lovingly correct them. Just as God knows I missunderstand His scriptures and so often sends others into my life to lovingly correct me.

I will agree with them on one thing, Christians far to often practice isogesis rather than exogesis. The whole prooftext way of christianity was how I was raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back