a ruler is Queen Elizabeth;
Queen Elizabeth sails the seven seas;
the seven seas have fish;
the fish have fins;
the Finns hate the Russians;
the Russians are red;
fire engines are always rushin’;
so they’re red.

Carson, D. A. (1996-03-01). Exegetical Fallacies (p. 87). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Come on! Can't anyone get the answer right? Fire engines are red because that is the color of fire hydrants. This also works well in reverse. Fire hydrants are red because that is the color of fire engines. Don't worry about how I came to these conclusions. They were revealed to me and I like the subjective interpretations just fine. Oh, and, if you don't agree with me, you're a legalistic heretic.

Come on! Can't anyone get the answer right? Fire engines are red because that is the color of fire hydrants. This also works well in reverse. Fire hydrants are red because that is the color of fire engines. Don't worry about how I came to these conclusions. They were revealed to me and I like the subjective interpretations just fine. Oh, and, if you don't agree with me, you're a legalistic heretic.
The hydrants here aren't red....

Mind. Blown. :duh:

I bet if you go up to one of those hydrants in your neighborhood you will find something on it to read. For my part, all fire hydrants are red.

All this is a lot to take in all at once. Its like taking a drink from a hydrant.

The synchronicity of such a discussion is quite uncanny. Today I did an install where there was a hydrant left open to purge water for a few hours. It left the street a mess much like I am doing with this thread.

This might actually explain why the fire engines in our county are yellow, not red. Though I'm not sure if the hydrants are yellow or grey :-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back