Why does God want us to give thanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do you give thanks?

I find myself continually aware of my current plight in light of where I could be. Because God has saved us [ME] through no merit of our own, we become increasingly aware that every single minute is a gift, every blessing, each family member, each opportunity we have to share His message, even the bad in our lives--because we know that He brings good out of bad--gives us reason to hope and be Thankful. Knowing all this itself is a gift of God and should makes us Thankful. So, in answer to how: In continual uttterances throughout the day, waking even at night giving thanks, in humbleness of spirIt, placing others above ourselves, and lastly by works--as mentioned in James 2. We validate our faith and flesh out our profession by constantly working in His church in order to bring others to that saving knowledge and to bring Him Glory.

What does giving thanks mean?

Understanding that knowing Him is better than food and life itself.

What is the object of giving thanks?

Christ alone and His Glory!

How does God want us to give thanks?

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Why does God want us to give thanks?

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

What is the outcome of giving thanks?

Because proud people don't generally say Thanks-- God's elect gives Him the Thanks and praise that is due Him. The outcome: He is glorified !

http://www.christcovenantrpc.org/AudioSermons.htm
November 19, 2006
Thanksgiving and Giving Thanks, Psalm 75:1
by Dr. C. Matthew McMahon

Last edited:
Considering what I have been saved from, and considering what I have been saved for, why would I NOT want to give thanks?

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!" (Psalm 115:1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back