Why is Braveheart not yet on Blu-Ray???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
All sorts of movies: old, new, great, bad, etc... have and are being released on Blu-Ray.

WHY HASN'T BRAVEHEART BEEN ONE OF THEM???

Argh! I'm going nuts!

Good question. I totally love that movie.

It's costing me a lot of money too.

I saw it in the theater twice. I got it on VHS. Then got it on DVD. And now when the Blu-Ray version comes out... I feel compelled to drop the $$$...

*sigh*

I've never seen the movie. Am I missing much?:worms:

Only the best movie ever!

Seriously, it is my all-time favorite. There's great action sequences, a sweeping historical epic plot, romance, a sinister (but somehow thoroughly fascinating) king, and arguably the best Medieval battle scenes of any movie.

FYI, there is a brief, dimly lit topless scene, some sparse profanity, and graphic violence in battle.

Bill has the whole script of the movie pretty much committed to memory. He loves to recite exerpts from the movie every now and again. :cool:

freedommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

two questions, 1) I wrote that all in capital letters. Why does the PB edit it to all lowercase?
2) What is Blu Ray, and I hate it.

Yes...

I've never seen the movie. Am I missing much?:worms:

You are!

It's the best movie experience I've ever had. Seeing it in the Theater, so, at that level, best movie ever. Well, I'll put seeing Rocky as a kid in a tie with it.

As far as best movie ever, in retrospect, not quite there for me, but, you are def. missing something by not seeing it.

GREAT FILM! I've quoted--make that acted out--the pre-battle freedom speech many times.:)

freedommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

two questions, 1) I wrote that all in capital letters. Why does the PB edit it to all lowercase?
2) What is Blu Ray, and I hate it.
I was wondering that myself! I did something in uppercase and it filtered to lowercase! It was annoying in that I was NOT doing a cyber yell! I think it's new. I don't like it!:popcorn:

How many people here are using Blue Ray?

Can anyone compare it to the upconverting DVD players using an HD TV?

I've never seen the movie. I keep forgetting that I would like to see it because there are so many movies out there that I haven't seen yet. My fiance really enjoys it. Maybe soon it will come out on blu-ray for you! Just keep looking! ;)

For those who haven't experienced Blu-Ray... You really need to. I didn't think the difference between it and dvd would be too substantial, but it is. Particularly when you have a 1080p tv and you're using a good hdmi cable to connect. Wow!!!

Plus, it can support 7 channel surround sound. Truly fantastic.

For those who haven't experienced Blu-Ray... You really need to. I didn't think the difference between it and dvd would be too substantial, but it is. Particularly when you have a 1080p tv and you're using a good hdmi cable to connect. Wow!!!

Plus, it can support 7 channel surround sound. Truly fantastic.

What about if you've got like a 19-incher with bunny ears? And you don't even know what this sentence even means:
Particularly when you have a 1080p tv and you're using a good hdmi cable to connect.
HDMIhuh?

-----Added 3/30/2009 at 12:11:05 EST-----

WHY HASN'T BRAVEHEART BEEN ONE OF THEM???

How did you get that to be in all caps?
ALL CAPS RIGHT NOW

Why did that work, there?

F R E E D O M

-----Added 3/30/2009 at 12:13:06 EST-----

What gives with this capitalization skubalon?
F R E E D O M

What about if you've got like a 19-incher with bunny ears? And you don't even know what this sentence even means:
Particularly when you have a 1080p tv and you're using a good hdmi cable to connect.
HDMIhuh?
:rofl

HDMIhuh?

Then don't worry about it... Such blatant rejection of modern technology is likely a lifestyle choice, and modern contrivances such as this would likely ruin that person's style.

Braveheart is right up there with The Patriot as an acurate historical work without the hint of an agenda.

Braveheart is right up there with The Patriot as an acurate historical work without the hint of an agenda.

:lol: No one is picking on the English, Mike! Braveheart may not be 100% accurate, but it is a wonderfully directed, captivating epic. I enjoy it for the film itself, not for historical insight...

:lol: No one is picking on the English, Mike! Braveheart may not be 100% accurate, but it is a wonderfully directed, captivating epic. I enjoy it for the film itself, not for historical insight...

I actually love Apocalypto, now that is a great film.

I would say that the words Braveheart and accurate should not be used in the same sentence. I was put off right away by an Austrailian with the worst Scottish accent ever and even more annoying, indeed outrageous, was portraying the Bruce as a wimp. They stole events and exploits from the Bonnie Prince and applied them to Wallace. Having King Edward die several years before he actually did may have suited the irony of the film but was yet another inaccuracy.

He did fight the English at Stirling; he was betrayed by rich landowners and was hung, drawn and quartered on London Bridge.

I know if Hollywood followed fact then most films would be boring. But as much as I love to see the Scots beat the English (specially at Hampden), this film was just annoying.

Braveheart is entertaining, but Stuart is correct; it is nowhere near close to the actual history of the events. If you would like to learn a wee bit of the truth check out this website: William Wallace The Truth . You may be quite surprised.

What is blu-ray? Is it like HD?

Blue-Ray is the brand name of the technology developed by a joint association of electronics, computer and media companies like Apple, Sony, Pioneer, Mitsubishi, Philips &c.

It's called "Blue-Ray" because it uses a blue laser instead of a red laser as current CD/DVD's. The blue laser has a shorter wavelength than the red laser, which makes it possible to focus it much more precisely and thereby pack more data onto an optical disk. Because you asked and I KNOW you are dying to know and my mind is filled with all sorts of useless knowledge such as this :lol: - the wavelength of the blue laser is about 450 nm (nanometers), a human hair by comparison is about 100,000 nm thick.

Yes, it is a form of High Definition, but really rather advanced from the format branded as "HD-DVD." With layering technology in combination with the blue-ray format they've succeeded in being able to pack 500 GB (GigaBytes) onto an optical disk, which is ten times the capacity of HD-DVD.

Overall, what it means, in regards to movies is absolutely stunning high resolution video, and to data is massive storage capability. So, if you remember years ago when VHS came out and was competing with Beta (Sony format), the latter was a superior technology, but lost in the market due to marketing. The Blue-Ray is in a very similar situation, but hopefully its so far superior to HD-DVD it will end up winning the optical disk wars.

If you get a chance, stop in at a electronics store and have someone demonstrate a blue-ray hooked up to a Sony HD television. Sony has a demo disk that does a side by side comparison of DVD vs Blue Ray quality using various movie clips - it's really quite amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back