Why We Enjoy The Puritan Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan&Amber2013

Puritan Board Senior
I would love for us to share some of the reasons why we enjoy the board so much.

For me, I personally love how it seems that people really care about my understanding of God, and show interest in my growth in grace. Many people go out of their way to help me, and I'm extremely grateful for that.

As well, it seems that I can always get solid biblical answers that cause me to know God in deeper ways. There are very bright people on this board who have great knowledge to share.

I enjoy the level of intellect and the learning I see here. ( I don't post much because I like the level of intellect to stay high). I have learned ALOT and discovered new things here. This has led me to experience and learn new things in my off the Internet life...for example..I travel with my job. I'm on the road a lot during the week. Last night I saw that my hotel was about 15 miles from an RPCNA church that was having a prayer meeting. So I went. I had never experienced singing Psalms before and really enjoyed it. Wonderful people and I felt at home. If not for the PB I would have not known to look for that.

Puritan Board is someplace I can come and learn. It is a place I can read advocates for more then one side of an issue. It has allowed me to network with a variety of people. As a 39 Article Anglican, I appreciate the indulgence the administrators have extended to me, to allow me to post here.

Puritan Board is someplace I can come and learn. It is a place I can read advocates for more then one side of an issue. It has allowed me to network with a variety of people. As a 39 Article Anglican, I appreciate the indulgence the administrators have extended to me, to allow me to post here.

Nice. Yeah, I feel like this is a safe place that's judgment free. It's good to not feel like an outsider when I have sincere questions and want better understanding.

Lol, no, I just feel like in the past I have felt like friendships have been hurt because I sincerely wanted to know more. Maybe I was viewed as strange because if something didn't sound like an accurate teaching I would try to study it, and that would lead to questions. Almost like if I didn't conform I was the weird one. I don't get that impression here.

I wanted to learn correct doctrine and this is the place. Other benefits in associating with brothers and sisters in Christ who are serious about the Word of God.

I like PB because I feel like it's a great place for truth. I can ask questions and normally get answers which is helpful. I also feel like ppl care for one another and pray for each other which is a huge strength for me. I also get the joy of praying for others. I find other people being an encouragement to me.

I come to PB because it is a great resource in keeping up with current events and theological topics within the reformed world. It is an aggregate for me in the first place, but secondarily, it is also a place to find links to primary resources on many theological and practical subjects. Picking the brains of many, in one place, is very convenient.

1. I need to keep up with theological topics, especially in the Reformed world.
2. I want to be challenged by smart people with whom I share a basic framework for interpreting Scripture, and learn from them.
3. I hope I offer some perspectives, mostly picked up from the "pietist" side of the Reformed world, that are less often heard but can be helpful here on the "confessional" side.

Because it's not Facebook and what passes as theological discussion over there. Which is sort of like the Wild West. But with fewer guns and more memes.

It is a great place to learn from seasoned believers! I also really enjoy reading how like-minded brethren think and expound on difficult topics people usually wouldn't discuss.

1. Common perspective
2. Intellectual challenge
3. Fellowship in a neighborhood that empties first thing each weekday morning
4. Sense of world-wide community

All of the above... and I also appreciate that we still uphold the 9th commandment here. Other social media platforms are full of snark and implication, we I think we avoid for the most part. So, I'm thankful for the moderation.

As the power of true religion declines and confusion in doctrine multiplies, it's great to meet this way with those who hold on to the faith once delivered to the saints. And to sit at the feet of the Gamaliels present!‍‍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back