Wife is letting me have $135 to spend on theological works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Systematics, but Sinclair Ferguson's two most recent books, The Whole Christ and Devoted to God, are some of the best books I have read in a long time.

I don't have Devoted to God, but The Whole Christ was outstanding.

Come to think of it, I have yet to read a book by Ferguson which doesn't stand out as excellent.

Bob, I wonder who that dinner guest was!

Amazingly, he has the same last name as you. It was a real treat having your folks (and your twin brother's family) grace our table. What a wonderful evening it was too. I wonder where he got that middle name of Clark?

Hi Jeremy, remember you can accumulate a great theological library for FREE through programs such as The Word and SwordSearcher... this way you could take that $135 and treat yourselves to a nice romantic dinner sometime! Although you had better ask her first how much you should tip the waiter... :D

I'll have the money in about two months (taxes). What do you recommend? I have a new KJV already and the Puritan Hard Drive.

This is money specifically for theological works. What does the PB recommend?
Do you have any Greek and Hebrew lexicons to use?
Those are great to use to look up word meanings
Also good to have a Bible Dictionary/commentary, such as the New Bible Dictionary/Commentary
And free bible software also a great thing to use and have!

VOS VOS VOS VOS. Get the whole 5 Volume set Reformed Dogmatics (around $120).

*Vos explains things other theologians never do
*Vos is great at giving you the historical theology backdrop
*And yet, is amazingly brief. He is both thorough and brief, somehow.
*A lot of other important stuff you can now get online for free (copyright expired, etc; Archive.com)
*Do it!

This is my vote :p

VOS VOS VOS VOS. Get the whole 5 Volume set Reformed Dogmatics (around $120).

*Vos explains things other theologians never do
*Vos is great at giving you the historical theology backdrop
*And yet, is amazingly brief. He is both thorough and brief, somehow.
*A lot of other important stuff you can now get online for free (copyright expired, etc; Archive.com)
*Do it!

This is my vote :p
Would this be the printed set, or the Logos set? As I thought that his set was in Dutch, not English yet?

Best part of this discussion, "wife is letting me." What is even better? None of us thought twice about that reality.

That is much more sad than it is funny.

If my wife ever thought she could "let" me spend money on books, I would spend the money on the upgrades to make the corner of my roof more comfortable, and get better earplugs to cover up the sound of her continual dripping. And then take her to counseling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back