wife witnessing to birth dad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartoflesh

Puritan Board Junior
This is kind of a funny story-

My wife, who was adopted, just met her birth father a few weeks ago. He lives in the same area as we do, and they have been exchanging emails quite frequently. We actually met his family on July 4th, he has two adult kids.

Anyway, he is a Catholic (his wife is a baptist who doesn't go to church, and his 17 yr old son attends an Assemblies of God church!) but isn't really "into it"-- just kind of a born Catholic. He and my wife have been getting into quite the theological discussions in their emails, Catholic vs. Protestant stuff (both being very amiable, of course) and as they were preparing to meet for lunch last Friday I went over a few verses to share with him, verses on justification, eternal life, etc. I even gave her my little Westminster Shorter Catechism booklet so she would have a nice concise definition of justification. Apparently during their lunch discussion the subject turned to religion, and as my wife was fumbling through her Bible the little WC booklet fell out. As soon as he saw the word "Catechism" he got all excited and asked if he could borrow it, and she said he could keep it.

Well, at least he's going to get the non-watered down version of things! Providence works in strange ways.

[Edited on 7-18-2005 by Rick Larson]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back