William Perkins: The Trinity is a mystery, not a contradiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Some at the first may possibly say, that this [the Trinity] cannot stand, because it is against all reason that one should be three, or three one. The answer is, that indeed if one and the same respect be kept it is not possible, but in divers [various] considerations and respects it may. And thus the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are three, namely in person; and again, they three are one, not in person but in nature.

For the reference, see:

That is a beautiful statement and the very essence of our Confessions. God is three distinct and separate being yet one in essence this is taught from Genesis to maps. This must be believed by faith that is granted to us by our Triune God. No one not having been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ and indwelt by the Spirit can fathom the depths of the reality of One God Three Persons. I am so thankful our great God chose me and revealed himself to me, and I can have the assurance that this Holy God is ever present and we are anchored in this hope by the seal of the Holy Spirit. I can't understand it and I don't even try. I believe it, depend on it, and live by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back