Windows 10 Technical Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the number 10 in the subject line and immediately thought this was about Bibleworks 10. Sigh... they need to release BW10.

Don't hold your breath. BW should have a tablet/iPad version also (probably should have had one years ago).

If I can install it in a VM, I will certainly do so - other than that, my PCs are for development, and cannot afford to be out of commission :). I'm looking forward to it!

Wow, I finally got used to Windows 7 on my primary machine, and just last week updated to 8 from Windows XP on my back-up machine.

What happened to Windows 9?

Download and use a real operating system like Ubuntu

Last time I played with Ubuntu, it was as bloated as Windows. When I do Linux, I use one of the stripped down versions. If I want an SUV, I'll go Windows. If I do Linux, I'm looking for a sports car with stiff suspension and manual steering.

I'm no fan of 8.1 but I will probably go 10 when it is released. Tech review? Nah. Yesterday I spent hours trying to fix a problem with my Surface 2. Buggy OS issues would drive me nuts. Oh for the good ole days of leaks and garlics with XP!

So far so good. It's nice to have the start menu back without third party software. I'll know more after installing Adobe CC

One of my coworkers at work installed it in a VM, and he's loving it so far. Loves the new Start Menu with Modern App integration.

I have an old laptop for testing that I am borrowing that I decided to try it on. It only has 1GB of RAM and a single core processor. It was running XP before. While I was not able to upgrade directly from XP to 10 preview, I am very impressed by how much better it runs on the machine. It was a fresh install of XP I just made a couple of weeks ago, but 10 boots up faster (very quick! even on a non-SSD), installed quicker, and in general works very well.

I've been a regular Windows 8-8.1 user for over a year, but I think trying to offer more choice is a good thing. The start screen is now optional. I like that they've kept a shortcut for the search feature, because search in Windows 8 is great. It still doesn't feel incredibly different though, but the modifications they've made feel nice.

Met 8.1 for the first time over the weekend as I was helping my sister straighten out a fairly new laptop.

They are laying off folks at Microsoft. They should start with anyone who had anything to do with rolling out 8. Sort of like Vista - I'm sure anything would seem like an improvement. So I expect to hear only good things about 9/10.

For what it's worth adobe apps seem to be performing fine. Quad snapping is really nice, as is the multi-desktop feature. I'm not concerned about the keylogger. That's pretty much par for the course with a preview OS.

Tempting. I did the win 8 and Office 2013 beta.
Unfortunately, my request to keep the pen-input auto-pop u (just like win 7) fell on deaf ears. Win 8 is good for touch but a step-backward for pen-input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back