With your Burger??????

With the Burger???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm....I don't see salad on the list of side choices :eek: LOL!

I like to have a salad with my burger! And a couple of of fries too....:D

Fries!!!!

And I need to ask another question to this.
After 9/11 we saw a lot of news from New york over here, and at one point I saw a program that said that they had changed the name from "french fries" to "freedom fries" because the french did not want to join the war on terror. Have any of you heard about this?

Another PB member does not believe me on this, so I need it proved.

Yes, it happened but on a limited scale. There was more media coverage of it than warranted. I know of absolutely no one who stopped calling them French Fries and started calling them Freedom Fries, and I feel that if anyone did, they would be promptly beaten.

Yes, it happened but on a limited scale. There was more media coverage of it than warranted. I know of absolutely no one who stopped calling them French Fries and started calling them Freedom Fries, and I feel that if anyone did, they would be promptly beaten.

I've been to several "mom and pop" places that changed French fries to freedom fries. One place even renamed French toast, calling it instead "freedom toast". I thought it was quite petty frankly and did nothing to better the situation. I didn't stop going to these places though. Good diners are hard enough to find.

I voted other. It depends on where we are eating.
McDonald's: fries
Arby's: The potato kickers

Maybe I shouldn't have voted, I can't even remember the last time we went out for a burger. :lol:

I like Chik-fil-A and the waffle fries are awesome.

Onion rings are my favorite, but since I don't like Burger King I don't order anything from there.

I voted other. It depends on where we are eating.
McDonald's: fries
Arby's: The potato kickers

Maybe I shouldn't have voted, I can't even remember the last time we went out for a burger. :lol:

I like Chik-fil-A and the waffle fries are awesome.

Onion rings are my favorite, but since I don't like Burger King I don't order anything from there.

Burger King onion rings are not onions rings! They are the sweepings from an onion processing plant that are mixed with vegetable protein and then extruded into little doughnut shapes, breaded and fried. Nasty!

I worked at a BK when we were first married. I can't stand to eat there knowing what I know now.

Burger King onion rings are not onions rings! They are the sweepings from an onion processing plant that are mixed with vegetable protein and then extruded into little doughnut shapes, breaded and fried.

...Wait, so you're telling me... that I made those at home all these years when I could have just gone to BK? :rant::banghead::mad:

Blah, I don't go to any fast food place other than In N Out twice a year. I'm a produce, lean meat, complex carb, EFAs kind of guy. :banana: *healthy dance* :banana:
But in the event I decide to splurge (which I enjoy) at a real restaurant I typically will go with onion rings. One of my sisters will undoubtedly get french fries and then not eat them, so I'll have that too :p And then I'll eat whatever else anyone hasn't touched...

The best hamburger joint in the whole world is a California (maybe West Coast in general) chain called Foster Freeze. Best burgers, shakes, crinkly fries, etc.

Nations (also a CA/West Coast chain) is good too. They make the best grilled cheese sammiches with grilled onions and tomatoes. :drool:

I want a burger, shake and fries right now, thanks to you knuckleheads ;) and I have a pot roast in my slow cooker for dinner tonight! :rant: Thanks a lot! :lol:

The best hamburger joint in the whole world is a California (maybe West Coast in general) chain called Foster Freeze. Best burgers, shakes, crinkly fries, etc.

Nations (also a CA/West Coast chain) is good too. They make the best grilled cheese sammiches with grilled onions and tomatoes. :drool:

I want a burger, shake and fries right now, thanks to you knuckleheads ;) and I have a pot roast in my slow cooker for dinner tonight! :rant: Thanks a lot! :lol:

Well, put it in the fridge and defrost some hamburger, then. I'll take care of the rest.

Yer purdy!

Theognome

Well, put it in the fridge and defrost some hamburger, then. I'll take care of the rest.

Yer purdy!

Theognome

:married:

Do you think so? The ones around here are just your run of the mill fast-food pit of disgusting food and disease :think:

Do you think so? The ones around here are just your run of the mill fast-food pit of disgusting food and disease :think:

Oh, that's right - you're from CA. It's been awhile since I've been in CA - 2000 or something. FF might be a different place now. The one on the 5 fwy in Los Banos (coming from Southern CA going to Central) is really good.

And that is unappealing why?

Theognome

Because when the vet promised to bury my dog, I assumed it would be in the ground, not under a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup.

Seriously, some really strange things have come from the Foster's Freeze around here. :lol:

-----Added 3/30/2009 at 04:34:51 EST-----

On a salad they, "as a surprise," put a ton of old ham, bacon, and hard-boiled eggs. It was so disgusting :barfy:

And that is unappealing why?

Theognome

Because when the vet promised to bury my dog, I assumed it would be in the ground, not under a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup.

Seriously, some really strange things have come from the Foster's Freeze around here. :lol:

-----Added 3/30/2009 at 04:34:51 EST-----

On a salad they, "as a surprise," put a ton of old ham, bacon, and hard-boiled eggs. It was so disgusting :barfy:

Ewww. :barfy:

Cole slaw! But, I put in on the burger.

That goes on barbeque (otherwise known as pulled pork), not on burgers!
I live in BBQ country it is not bad on a burger, something even BETTER is freshly made quacamole!:):cool::cool::cool:

-----Added 3/30/2009 at 05:01:16 EST-----

Yer purdy!

Theognome
Sorry Bill!:lol: Hey, at least you know what you want to eat tonight!:cool::cool::cool:

Bacon cheeseburger with a side of Tempura vegetables (Broccoli, eggplant, taro, Zuchini) with a small dish of teriyaki sauce on the side for dipping :drool::drool::drool:

I am glad to note I am not the only "T-Tots" fan here! My wife LAUGHS at me when I ask her to pick up from Sonic! Some people have NO taste! Tots are good!:):cool::cool::cool:

Fried egg on a burger is great 'hamburguesa completa' we called it in la Argentina. It also usually came with bacon, peppers, and fried ham if you liked. Shoot, they put fried eggs on just about anything. 'Bull's Eye' pizza was a pizza with a fried egg right in the middle. It is better than you might think.

The only place I've ever had a hamburger with egg is in Malaysia. They told us, of course, that this is the proper way - and they know because they invented hamburgers.

BTW, I like sweet potato fries with my burgers.

I am glad to note I am not the only "T-Tots" fan here! My wife LAUGHS at me when I ask her to pick up from Sonic! Some people have NO taste! Tots are good!:):cool::cool::cool:

No WONDER you don't want your tots on top of a casserole! You're one of those purists! :p

Onion Rings drenched in hot sauce with something to wash them down. I believe Guinness was already mentioned........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back