With your Burger??????

With the Burger???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I do not eat out much anymore, I like to make my own homemade burgers without anything on the side since the burger itself has so many toppings. I like to saute some mushrooms and jalapenos with a pinch of garlic, fry up a couple pieces of bacon and top it with slices of avocado's. I then slice up some french farm bread (it stands up well to all of the juices that this burger creates) with a slice of habanero cheese (from Sam's Club), toast it a little bit and then put on a thin layer of mayo. I have the ketchup on the side so I can squeeze some on every bite, if I put it on the sandwich, it would be too messy. But since I am trying to watch my diet, I only do this about twice a month, which may still be too much.

Since I do not eat out much anymore, I like to make my own homemade burgers without anything on the side since the burger itself has so many toppings. I like to saute some mushrooms and jalapenos with a pinch of garlic, fry up a couple pieces of bacon and top it with slices of avocado's. I then slice up some french farm bread (it stands up well to all of the juices that this burger creates) with a slice of habanero cheese (from Sam's Club), toast it a little bit and then put on a thin layer of mayo. I have the ketchup on the side so I can squeeze some on every bite, if I put it on the sandwich, it would be too messy. But since I am trying to watch my diet, I only do this about twice a month, which may still be too much.

:drool: I love avocados enough to eat 'em for every meal every day.

BTW, today for lunch I went to Sonic. I had a cheeseburger with an onion ring, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapenos, mayo, and mustard. I had tater tots and a coke. (I, too, am a tater tot purist. They deserve to stand alone.)

BTW, today for lunch I went to Sonic. I had a cheeseburger with an onion ring, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapenos, mayo, and mustard. I had tater tots and a coke. (I, too, am a tater tot purist. They deserve to stand alone.)
Where did you get that idea!:lol: I bet that in the next 3 days half the people posting will grab a burger! :):cool:

Where did you get that idea!:lol: I bet that in the next 3 days half the people posting will grab a burger! :):cool:

We can all therefore thank Max for the immediate expanding of the reformed church! Way to 'spread the Gospel'!

Theognome

We can all therefore thank Max for the immediate expanding of the reformed church! Way to 'spread the Gospel'!

Theognome
How's this as a slogan Bill: "BURGERS! The Official Food For Reformed Christians In North America.":cool:

Well, I must say the burgers were a huge success. Bill also made delicious fries and the kind of old fashioned vanilla shakes that they serve in big cans. We're sooooo full! :drool::p YUM. Thank you, Honey.

The secret to good fries- cut 'em thin, fry them hot and put a dash of garlic and onion powder in the oil.

Theognome

If any of you guys EVER make it to L'ville, after I take you to the Christian Book Nook, then I'm taking you to W.W. Cousins restaurant. You can get a burger and put just about whatever you want on it yourself. Jalapenos, BBQ sauce, hot mustard, different kinds of onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, just about whatever you can imagine. Yum!

If you like fries but don't like the unhealthy way they're made, try this: if you have a Bass Pro Shop near you, go the the pantry section and get some of their Uncle Buck's Fish Batter (it's intended for frying fish, but this recipe is on the side of the can) -- I'm partial to the spicy flavor. Take a regular ole baking potato and cut it up into french fry shaped pieces. Coat the potato pieces with the batter and place on a cookie sheet (make sure to spray the sheet with non-stick cooking spray first, or use Release aluminum foil). Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. They are excellent!

Actually E-TX, if you came to our house, you'd most likely get treated to either Bill's gourmet Italian food, or his special barbeque - or even my Tex-Mex cooking. My mom hates casseroles, so we hardly have them anyway. :cool:
ALRIGHT! That sounds MUCH better!:)

I said "fries" but I really meant boiled peanuts. Mmmm.

I absolutely love boiled peanuts, maybe it is a southern thing, but not with my hamburgers. I like to have homemade french fries cut thin, skin left on, with my burgers. Yummy! I agree cole slaw is good, but is better on barbecue sandwiches. The velveeta and rotel dip is good, but I got tired of it after awhile and someone shared a better cheese dip recipe with me that we have come to like better.

Burger street has the best burgers here In my humble opinion; and you can order it with curly fries, onion rings or tots. No straight fries though.

...And no one has given tribute to Whitecastle, the grandfather of the burger joint? For shame!

Theognome

Man,I had to go get a pile of Barbeque chip just from reading the responses

I would go with the "other" There is nothing like having a crisp,fresh Half-Sour Pickle (Not Dill),from a traditional Jewish Deli,and Maybe a spot of egg Potato Salad (no vinegar)

I said "fries" but I really meant boiled peanuts. Mmmm.

I had me some boiled peanuts on the way back from the Calvin Conference in Greenville. I had to stop at a store just before leaving SC or I wouldn't have been able to get any! Didn't have a burger, though!

Don't fret, dearest. I was holed up in that hotel in Middle-of-nowhere, KY, and couldn't home anyway!

For those of you who are curious, she doesn't let me kiss her if I've eaten boiled peanuts. There: the thoughts of that just ruined your appetite for burgers!

All of the above, but not at the same time...depends on which restaurant...In n Out's Fries, AppleBees onion rings, curlyfries elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back