Woo-hoo! I'm a Published Author!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meg, congratulations. I went to the link, and thought your article looked very interesting and rather unfathomable in the brief space for which I had allotted it. So I will have to alot it a rather less brief space in which to sit down and fathom it...

Meg:
[quote:e06d3c0ac0]But this begs two questions; what is it about the finite human condition that requires atonement? Also, if religion is the human response to the problem of mortality, what is atheism?[/quote:e06d3c0ac0]
What perceptively disarming questions to ask!

Meg, what do you mean by "published"? Is this essay published in a magazine or periodical?

This topic is well worth the effort you gave it. Generally, we don't give it enough attention anymore, as the persausion that underlies it has fallen by the wayside in the issues that directly concern the church. Evolutionary theory is pretty well discredited. But we soon forget how deep the inroads remain; for this theory was, for a time, the "orthodoxy" of the times, even to the point that man boldly declared that God was dead, killed by modern man, and, to top it off, not be deemed ridiculous for saying so.

It is a pleasure to read this Meg. It is refreshing to read it. It is not at all like one of those papers that I want to throw away after the first paragraph or two. Both the thought and the structure, the idea and the use of words are compelling, unlike so many forgetable essays available in our day. Good work.

[quote:7b2318a106="JohnV"]As I read it I get jealouser and jealouser.[/quote:7b2318a106]

You are way too kind!
I mean I'm published on the web.

[quote:84ee86da86]Excellent! I will peruse these soon, it looks like a great study![/quote:84ee86da86]

I started yours but didn't finish it. I think I'll print it out and read it. I prefer reading longer articles from paper rather than a screen. Besides, the children are still awake and it's harder to concentrate! Looked good so far though!

How do you come up with such good questions for Bible studies? When I go to homegroups neither the leaders nor the writers of books we use can come up with good questions. You can never figure out what answer they want. Yours made sense!

[quote:7a6d8d9c28]How do you come up with such good questions for Bible studies? When I go to homegroups neither the leaders nor the writers of books we use can come up with good questions. You can never figure out what answer they want. Yours made sense![/quote:7a6d8d9c28]

Thank you, I'm glad it makes sense. It's the only study that I've ever done. I was tired of everyone (family and friends) thinking that what I believed was just some man made doctrine so I decided to make a study to give them that shows these doctrines are definately in scripture. I can't even remember all the resources that I used. I listened to alot of sermons that I had recorded and looked for the most convincing scriptures in books that I have.

Here's another link to the study. This site has it available for print out and I think it easier to read here as well.

http://scripturetruths5.tripod.com/gracestudy.html

I printed out your article and plan on taking it to my office tomorrow to read.

[quote:c665bb8f8c="turmeric"]How do you come up with such good questions for Bible studies? When I go to homegroups neither the leaders nor the writers of books we use can come up with good questions. You can never figure out what answer they want. Yours made sense![/quote:c665bb8f8c]

After the last meeting with Charles and some other leaders, I think the upcoming Bible studies are going to be far more enriching than this last year. :D

Matt

[quote:bff90442f1="Cacklewack"][quote:bff90442f1="turmeric"]How do you come up with such good questions for Bible studies? When I go to homegroups neither the leaders nor the writers of books we use can come up with good questions. You can never figure out what answer they want. Yours made sense![/quote:bff90442f1]

After the last meeting with Charles and some other leaders, I think the upcoming Bible studies are going to be far more enriching than this last year. :D

Matt[/quote:bff90442f1]

Excellent! I wasn't just picking on our homegroup, I've had the same problem at other churches and with other studies like the Navpress one on Hebrews. I think writing Bible studies is harder than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back