Word of Faith movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you explained being reformed to most W.O.Fers they would probably call you a heretic, they think the soveriegnty of God is a demonic doctrine.

Originally posted by Irishcat922
I think if you explained being reformed to most W.O.Fers they would probably call you a heretic, they think the soveriegnty of God is a demonic doctrine.

Than they are eternally doomed.

Originally posted by ConfederateTheocrat

Than they are eternally doomed.

Not necessarily.

The Lord can soveriegnly, in his kindness grant them repentance.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The WOF teachers also make common reference to "God having Faith" which is how he created the world (e.g. God spoke his faith-filled words..."

That has always grated on me. What wold we say in contrast?

Originally posted by Ianterrell

Not necessarily.

So you can believe God is not sovereign, and go to heaven?

I am not saying you have to be a 5 point Calvinist, but to outright deny God is sovereign is not saying much for your Christian faith.

When taken to task, I would have to say that I have never met a man whom believed he was sovereign over God, when the principle was explained to him. Someone said that all men bow to the dirt when they pray, thus showing their dependance upon Gods power and sovereignty.

The WOFers believe you can manipulate God by your faith and words. So they definitely take issue with the Soveriegnty of God!

The WOFers believe you can manipulate God by your faith and words. So they definitely take issue with the Soveriegnty of God!

Sean,
They do not believe that. They believe that by the level of their faith, they can (literally) move mountains. If you were to ask any of these guys if they believe that they are sovereign over God and that by their words, they can manipulate the creator into acting the puppet, they would laugh in your face.

Scott,
I have heard them teach that you can make God do what you want him to if you have enough faith and confess the word. For instance they believe regardless of what the scriptures teach if you believe for wealth or health God is bound to give it to you.

Scott,
I have heard them teach that you can make God do what you want him to if you have enough faith and confess the word. For instance they believe regardless of what the scriptures teach if you believe for wealth or health God is bound to give it to you.

I have friends in the movement, and Irishcat922 is right.

Guys,
I know they are a mess theologically; much they say borders upon heresy. What I was commenting on, is their view of soverignty; it is skewed, no doubt. But, if you describe your view of sovereignty to them, explain the correct definition, I can promise you that they would not disagree with your definition. Practically, they may deny it by the motions they take......

Scott,

You're right in principle they would agree, but if pressed they would deny it.
I have a hard time believing by what they teach that they are reading the same Bible I am.

If they agree in principle, they would agree.....What you may mean to say is that they would deny it in their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back