Works of William Perkins Online

Discussion in 'Puritan Literature' started by jogri17, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jogri17

jogri17 Puritan Board Junior

If you have not seen this and have not downloaded it, Here is (in part I think) the works of William Perkins.

Armilla aurea (Open Library)

2. KMK

KMK Administrator Staff Member

I just sent The Golden Chain to my Kindle.

3. jogri17

That is what I did also.

4. baron

baron Puritan Board Graduate

I sent it to my Kindle but it has not arrived yet. Never had a book take this long to download. Hopefuly it will be here in the morning.

Thanks for the link.

5. baron

Are you able to read the text? Or do I need to learn how to read whatever type of English it is written in?

Example: Gods wifdome hath thefe partsdiis foreknowledgeiand his cownfeU. : TheforeknoVvl^dgerof God, is diatby which he raofta^uredly fi>refeeth all-thin gsdiat areto comec.Aft.2.25. (location 230-39)

Boy I'm glad I ordered the new book coming out. I hope its in modern English.

6. KMK

It is virtually unreadable on the Kindle. The 's' written as 'f' I can handle, but there are too many mistakes and weird symbols. It is easier to read on my computer.

7. baron

I tried to read it on my computer but still to hard. I can make out some of the words but others I would be guessing.

8. jogri17

Sorry it doesnt work on the Kindle. I had the same problem, but it is still useful to have on your computer! And given there is little chance of this work being reprinted anytime soon (We've been waiting on Joel Beeke for almost a decade!), and noone has scaned the works online, this is the best we can get as far as I can see.

9. baron

It is being republished. There is a post on the board with a link to SGCB with the order information. I ordered mine on 1/7/11.

I also seen two copies for Kindle on Amazon one for $.99 and the other for two dollars I think. I did not buy them not wanting to waste the money.

10. KMK

It has been my experience that some of these cheaper Kindle books don't look much better than the one we just downloaded.

11. baron

Sorry I put the wrong price down it's $15.05 off the regulair price. The book is selling for around $25.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.