World Evangelical growth rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Piper cites in Let the Nations Be Glad from Michael Horton:

Celebration of the much-advertised expansion of Christianity in the two-thirds world (most notably in recent years in Philip Jenkins's The Next Christendom) should at least be tempered by the fact that the prosperity gospel is the most explosive version of this phenomenon.

Unfortunately, like the United States, it's hard to tell what an 'Evangelical' is. Thank the Lord that he knows his sheep and will call every one of them safely home.

Japan had a decrease, which is sad, especially as I have recently felt called to go there.

Wonder which nation that is in the red besides Japan? And maybe orange means reformed? :)

I always get mad at these statistics, which are always way overly optimistic. I read that Rwanda was 96% evangelical just prior to the massacres there.

Red: Japan, Sweden, Finland, Slovenia, Georgia.

Orange: Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Denmark, Czech Republic, Turkey, West Bank*, United Arab Emirates*, Guinea, Niger, Tanzania, Botswana, Swaziland,* New Zealand.

Notes: of the traditionally English speaking countries, Australia is the only one that is growing. It is nice to see all of Latin America and most of Europe growing. It is also nice to see the "most vicious" countries of North Africa growing too.

Of course, in making these comments, I am taking the statistics at face value.

*look closely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back