World Vision has sadly capitulated to the worldly vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Curtis

Puritan Board Senior
Last edited:
This is why Christian outreach is meant to be done under a local church's supervision. Parachurch Christian organizations do more harm than good for our faith in my opinion. They have no confession, and no elders to oversee their direction. And, since they are broadly Evangelical without the set confession, they have to make all kinds of concessions in order to maintain their "diversity". It doesn't really surprise me at all that a broadly nondenominational, unconfessional, parachurch Christian entity would make this concession. :2cents:

They heard the outcry and responded with a policy reversal:

They got hit in the pocketbook. But they indicate they haven't given up on the issue. If there isn't a change in leadership, I don't see how confidence can be restored.

" The day after the announcement was made, the Assemblies of God, one of America's largest and fastest-growing denominations, urged its members to consider dropping their financial support from World Vision ... "a number" of child sponsors canceled their sponsorship in the past 48 hours " "Approximately $567 million of World Vision's more than $1 billion budget comes from private contributions"

But here's the key quote: "Stearns expects the board to continue to deal with questions about employment and same-sex relationships."

I'm not entirely sure--I think under the current administration, this reversal could lead to the loss of even more funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back