Worship: From Genesis to Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
My copy of Douglas Comin's book finally arrived yesterday, it looks very impressive, not to mention thorough. Has anyone else read it?

:banana: :cheers:

My copy of Douglas Comin's book finally arrived yesterday, it looks very impressive, not to mention thorough. Has anyone else read it?

I orderd Douglas Comin's book today, toghter with Girardeau's book on instrumental music (hardback) from puritan reprints.
I really looking foreward to read them, i only wished that my church would hold to the RPW and non-instrumental singing,............ which it does not.......

Good stuff! Doug's a very good friend of mine so I had the blessing of this resource long before he decided to have it published, which has been great. I haven't read through the whole thing yet; I use it as a resource as I preach through various Books of the Bible. FYI, this work was something he preached through during his pastorate in NC...

Good stuff! Doug's a very good friend of mine so I had the blessing of this resource long before he decided to have it published, which has been great. I haven't read through the whole thing yet; I use it as a resource as I preach through various Books of the Bible. FYI, this work was something he preached through during his pastorate in NC...

Pastor Steve, you wrote a blurb on the back cover?

Hi Daniel,

I don't have a copy of the published version and I can't recall whether or not I got my blurb to him in time for print... :doh: So, I'm not sure...

By the way, feel free to call me Steve if your comfortable with that.

In His grace,

Steve

Thanks Andrew, that's what I thought. I remember missing the deadline for that... had too much going on.

Anyway, I've profited considerably from the work and would recommend it.

Thanks Andrew, that's what I thought. I remember missing the deadline for that... had too much going on.

Anyway, I've profited considerably from the work and would recommend it.

Yes, it turns out your blurb is not on the back of my copy either. :violin:

It is a great book; very refreshing. :up::cheers:

What level is it pitched at? Does it assume knowledge or is it really starting from the beginning?

What are the topic covered? What are its conclusions regarding (1) Psalms (2) instruments (3) headcovering and any other issues I have forgotten.

Where did you get your copy from, is is supplied in the UK or will it still have to be ordered from the US (lulupress)?

What level is it pitched at? Does it assume knowledge or is it really starting from the beginning?

What are the topic covered? What are its conclusions regarding (1) Psalms (2) instruments (3) headcovering and any other issues I have forgotten.

Where did you get your copy from, is is supplied in the UK or will it still have to be ordered from the US (lulupress)?

I think it assumes the reader has some knowledge, as it is a big book over 600 pages, it probably is not for beginners though it is still very readable.

The author goes through all the books in the Bible (in 65 chapters) and shows how all of Scripture teaches the RPW. As he is a minister in the RPCNA, he argues in favour of exclusive psalmody and against musical instruments.

Lulu have a UK site Lulu.com - Self Publishing - Free they charge you the standard EU rate for postage £3.50 for a single item.

Oh yes, I should add that anyone who reads this book with a Bible open could not fail to see that the RPW is the teaching of the word of God.

Oh yes, I should add that anyone who reads this book with a Bible open could not fail to see that the RPW is the teaching of the word of God.

I am giving a talk at a young adults group on the RPW and wanted some books to point out for further reading. :up:

Anyone know where this is sold OTHER than Crown & Covenant or Lulu? I'm surprised there aren't other places that I've been able to locate besides these - and it seems that the C&C store has the paperback, and only Lulu has the hardback...

Anyone know where this is sold OTHER than Crown & Covenant or Lulu? I'm surprised there aren't other places that I've been able to locate besides these - and it seems that the C&C store has the paperback, and only Lulu has the hardback...

It is unlikely that too may places would stock an RPW book....for obvious reasons. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back