Worshiped with Redeemer OPC in Pearl City, HI - Matthew 12:15-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I am on government travel in Hawaii for the weekend and worshiped with the Saints at Redeemer OPC in Pear City, HI this AM.

The Pastor, Douglas Watson, is a former classmate of Rev. Buchanan (Contra_Mundum) at GPTS and he preached on Matthew 12:15-21 on the work of our Messiah.

For me, it drove home the humility with which our Savior carried out His work on behalf of sinners. I too often fall prey to forgetting that I am a bruised reed or smoldering wick that the Lord could snuff out were He not so tender and loving in applying Salvation to me and I forget to apply the same concern and consider the frame of others who are weak and sinful.

Just this past week I was encouraging some Saints who are frustrated at the sinful behavior of their congregants. It is tempting to look upon others' sin and gossip about it and conclude that others are not worth our time and consideration. We often forget how we are to humbly and fervently hold forth Christ and bear patiently with others.

Pelagius called the Church a home for perfected Saints. Augustine wisely corrected him and noted that it is a hospital for sick sinners, such as we all are - in need of our Perfect Physican constantly for life and health. May we all glory in our God Who seeks out His enemies to make friends, nay Sons of the Father. May we strive together with one another and determine how we may humbly encourage one another constantly toward His holy ends. Nobody is beneath our love and concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back