Worst Sitcom!?!

WORST SITCOM EVER!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well good news everyone, there is a writers strike in Hollywood and production of all sitcoms and talk shows has ceased, nothing but indefinite reruns until the picket line is crossed or resolved.

I am taking my one bump allowance....due to the fact that my competing Best Sitcoms thread is still on the loose, you see people...my theory is this, the whole concept of Worst...is just funny...when you start talking about lame shows....people in general will get a smile on their face, despite the fact they do not like the show. Plus I would like to add another show in badness..the Jeffersons....OK, when it spun off from All in the Family....it was edgy...it was pretty funny...and it took risks for that period.....but...after the first 2 seasons...old hat...bad writing...it became horrid.:2cents::):2cents:

I have a theory that sort of lines up with yours: we tune into shows like "American Idol" more for the dilusional, frustrated, "I'm-in-Denial" mentality-like content. Something can be so bad it's funny. AI is a prime example. We tune into Badly written shows also to laugh. Most of us, however, can't suffer bad writting for long, so we tune out and the shows are cancelled before any great length of time. Sometimes they aren't and we are thoroughly confused as to why. What I can watch, with constant amazement, ( and generally some degree of sadness ) is people who think they are something when they are nothing. I honestly just can't wrap my mind around that mentality. I would love to see a documentary on all the psychological issues that lends someone to that type of thing.

I have a theory that sort of lines up with yours: we tune into shows like "American Idol" more for the dilusional, frustrated, "I'm-in-Denial" mentality-like content. Something can be so bad it's funny. AI is a prime example. We tune into Badly written shows also to laugh. Most of us, however, can't suffer bad writting for long, so we tune out and the shows are cancelled before any great length of time. Sometimes they aren't and we are thoroughly confused as to why. What I can watch, with constant amazement, ( and generally some degree of sadness ) is people who think they are something when they are nothing. I honestly just can't wrap my mind around that mentality. I would love to see a documentary on all the psychological issues that lends someone to that type of thing.
Good point Steve! Interesting analysis of why we like the "train wreck" badness...I have a theory...it is escape! A really classic "cheese-ball" show....requires no thought! Think about it, the acting is bad, the writing is bad, production is bad......but again....all you have to do is sit there and chuckle and say...Boy this REALLY stinks!

Last edited:
I was thinking about what makes a rotten sitcom, I noted the Belvedre thing upset me....why:OK....The plot!....It was a Midwestern Middle-Class family......with a Butler. People....help me figure that out...a Butler! Why would they need a Butler? Where did they keep him? By the bye.....Mr. B. was chunky....how DID they feed him? The whole thing made no sense!...To me...it puts it up there as probably the worst "sits" of all time.

The old Batman show to me does not fall into this list. First it is not really a sitcom....second.....it is funny in a silly campy sort of way!:2cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back