Would God honor the Rosary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackleton

Puritan Board Junior
I recently watched a documentary of the sinking of the Indianapolis. When the men were in dire straits a Catholic Priest began moving from man to man praying the Rosary, which is clearly a prayer to Mary and not to God.
My question is, would God honor the faith of the unbeliever or the Catholic person praying this prayer and forgive him of his sins and save him, or would he not listen since Mary is being used as the mediator and not God?
In other words, does God honor a person's faith even if it is directed in the wrong direction?

True faith embraces and rests upon Christ alone. Without him there is no access to God, and therefore no access to the throne of grace. :2cents:

I find it tragic, deeply tragic and moving, that there would be people--religious people, claiming to be Christians--who at their hour of decision, with death an inevitable, inexorable Fact, minutes away (if this knowledge does not focus the mind, what will?),

who look to some other refuge than Christ. Think about it! All his life he's been taught Marian devotion. So, in the end, it is the compassion of Mary he puts his ultimate hopes in! This I think is one of the greatest sins of Rome--to turn the eyes of her devotees to some other person than Christ, always Christ, forever Christ.

I find it tragic, deeply tragic and moving, that there would be people--religious people, claiming to be Christians--who at their hour of decision, with death an inevitable, inexorable Fact, minutes away (if this knowledge does not focus the mind, what will?),

who look to some other refuge than Christ. Think about it! All his life he's been taught Marian devotion. So, in the end, it is the compassion of Mary he puts his ultimate hopes in! This I think is one of the greatest sins of Rome--to turn the eyes of her devotees to some other person than Christ, always Christ, forever Christ.

Bruce - I always appreciate your eloquence. Amen.

How Rome has destroyed the Glory of Christ in many ways:

1. By calling upon saints when Christ is the only Mediator between God and Men.

2. By adoring the blessed virgin when Christ Alone must be adorned.

3. By offering continue sacrifices in the mass when Christ sacrifice upon the cross is complete and sufficient.

4. By elevating tradition to the level of scriptures and making the word of God depended on the authority of sinful men.

-The excellence of Christ is not proclaimed.-From John Piper audio Bio. on John Calvin.

I recently watched a documentary of the sinking of the Indianapolis. When the men were in dire straits a Catholic Priest began moving from man to man praying the Rosary, which is clearly a prayer to Mary and not to God.
My question is, would God honor the faith of the unbeliever or the Catholic person praying this prayer and forgive him of his sins and save him, or would he not listen since Mary is being used as the mediator and not God?
In other words, does God honor a person's faith even if it is directed in the wrong direction?

Absolutely not. If it were deemed acceptable by God for them to pray to Mary, then there could be no objection to those who cling in faith to the Muslim false god, or those who pray to green rocks. If the prayers are directed to Mary, they are directed to an idol - and Scripture is quite clear about how God regards prayer to idols.

If I were in that situation, and such a priest came to me insisting that I pray the rosary I hope I'd have the presence of mind to witness the truth of Christ to him and by God's grace teach him of his lost estate and dire need to trust in Christ alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back