Would you pay $225 for Burroughs on Hosea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Tempus faciendi, Domine.
Two sellers on eBay currently have the 1989 hardback SDG edition of Burroughs' commentary on Hosea up for sale, for $225 and $265, respectively.

What do you think? Would you pay that much? This is probably my favorite book in my library, but is it really worth that much?

having not read it, I say no.

may be the best thing ever, but at that price I will never know.

There is also listed right now a paperback edition in the $30's. Better suited to most budgets.

The SDG edition of Burroughs on Hosea was printed on acid-free paper and was sewn rather than glued. The binding is first-rate.

That is a lot of money, but it has been reprinted recently by Reformation Heritage. That may be the paperback edition mentioned earlier. You might try abebooks.com or bookfinder.com for other copies.

Dr. Kistler:

Nice to know it is on acid-free paper. I did not know that.

Meanwhile I'll continue to watch those two eBay items. If they sell at that price, I'll let y'all know. Just because the sellers are asking that much doesn't mean they'll get it. I have noticed that with the economic downturn, there seem to be more people trying to making a killing on a single sale, asking way too much for some books.

Just as an fyi, all the SDG books were printed on acid-free paper, which gives them a shelf life of 200-300 years. It is because the printers of Puritan literature in previous centuries did that we have the copies still existing from which new editions can be made.
That was our decision too, so that our books would last for centuries to come should the Lord tarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back