Wow was this ever so helpful to me......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roldan

Puritan Board Junior
THis was posted by peacemaker and I just wanted to say that a light bulb went off in my head as even furthered my stance of this....

Great polemic PEace!! espectiall the part I put in bold which I believe people are ignoring..

Who do you think these are??

Rev 2:9 I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. NKJV

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan , which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. KJV

These are the covenant breakers! Those who were ethnic Jews and possibly church attenders.

Again I say the simplicity of this matter is overwhelming and one must seek to support his own belief to not see how Paul clarifies to those who think it was for ethnic Jews, what God meant in His promises to the Jews. There is no way ethnic Jews can all be saved because some are dying without Christ now. So All saved must and can only mean the elect. So shall all Israel be saved means in this way shall God fulfill His promise to save all Israel, all Jews, all covenant people, only in the invisible covenant, the elect of all believers Jew and Gentiles, the heirs of Abraham, of all nations.
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, NKJV

Rom 3:22 For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God NKJV

Think as if you were a Jew complaining to Paul for preaching salvation to Gentles. Paul now explains the whole thing to you so you understand the Gentiles were always part of the Plan and God started with ethnic Jews but promised Abraham it would go to all nations. And it did. Israel is all the elect of all nations and heirs of the promise to Abraham and all of this was done before the law, before the nation, and before circumcision. Before Israel the nation was, Israel of promise to Abraham was made for people of all nations, then Gos started this process with the nation of Jews. Its all one, one plan., one body, one unfolding beginning with the promised child of Abraham and then his ever expanding family of faith.
any non ethnic Jew who came in and believed could always become a part of Israel, would be a Jew of faith.

Rom 3:29 Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, 30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. NKJV

Rom 4:9 Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? NKJV

The Jews hated this and wanted it to be only for ethnic Jews. Paul had to keep pounding it into them even to chapt 15 it was always for Gentiles and not ever for ethnic Jews. In fact in Gods eyes there is no difference. Never was.

Rom 4:13 For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect, NKJV
LOOK If there was ever a promise to ethnic Jews it would make faith and grace void!!

Rom 4:16 so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, NKJV
All the seed is all in Christ.

Next he speaks of fleshy seed of Abraham he switches how he uses seed and Jew and Israel back and forth. Not all of ethnic Israel who are in Spiritual Israel.

Rom 9:6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel, 7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "In Isaac your seed shall be called." 8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed. NKJV

So the above verse shows us that the children of the flesh, are not the who the promise was made to. There never ever was a promise to ethnic Jews. They only mistakenly thought there was. Paul says it was always meant to be the seed of Abraham, those in Christ, the elect.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek,NKJV

Rom 11:7 Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.NKJV
Ethnic Israel did not obtain what it thought was going to be, but the elect of all ages obtained it because it was never to ethnic Jews only people of faith.

This is how all Israel will be saved, by all the elect being saved, the coming in of the Gentiles and the current ongoing conversion of Jews like Paul

Rom 11:25 the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, NKJV

Because all Israel is and always was all the elect who would have faith in Christ and no others.

So God id not fail in making promises to the Jews because in His mind a Jew was not a fleshly descendant but a faithful believer regardless of ethnicity even in OT times.
Don Partridge Seattle Wa. PCA Sinner saved by Grace seeking to serve God & others as He providentially puts me in their path. Seeking God through His word, prayer, absorbing Puritans & like-minded preachers.

"Cowards never won heaven. Do not claim that you are begotten of God and have His royal blood running in your veins unless you can prove your lineage by this heroic spirit: to dare to be holy in spite of men and devils." -William Gurnall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back