X-men Origins - WOLVERINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalawine

Puritan Board Junior
My boys and I just back from watching X-men Origins: Wolverine. We wanted to see Star Trek but we decided we'd rather see XMO. Man it was great! There was action from the minute the film started until the very last scene.

BTW This is one of those movies that you need to sit through the credits to see an extra surprise ending. Don't be too soon to leave your seat.

Oops! I forgot to mention the language. It gets pretty bad. Nothing sexual but they don't mind letting some others fly. Especially the two worder that us Christians hate the most. You know what I mean. Heard it a couple of times.

My boys and I just back from watching X-men Origins: Wolverine. We wanted to see Star Trek but we decided we'd rather see XMO. Man it was great! There was action from the minute the film started until the very last scene.

BTW This is one of those movies that you need to sit through the credits to see an extra surprise ending. Don't be too soon to leave your seat.

Oops! I forgot to mention the language. It gets pretty bad. Nothing sexual but they don't mind letting some others fly. Especially the two worder that us Christians hate the most. You know what I mean. Heard it a couple of times.

Sorry, but Star Trek was WAY better ;) (much cleaner too in comparison)

I will give Wolverine props though for being Canadian :D And not only that but being from Alberta :D :D

Wolverine was panned by the critics here, but we enjoyed it. I agree that the language was unneccessary and offensive. In fact, given the rating, I was shocked at it.

The sad thing is I never even noticed the blasphemous swear words. I noticed others. My wife told me afterwards. Lesson learned about becoming comfortable with garbage.

Wolverine was panned by the critics here, but we enjoyed it. I agree that the language was unneccessary and offensive. In fact, given the rating, I was shocked at it.

The sad thing is I never even noticed the blasphemous swear words. I noticed others. My wife told me afterwards. Lesson learned about becoming comfortable with garbage.

Thanks Jonathan,

This is precisely why we won't get to see it. I'd love to, but won't subject my family or my own conscience to Jesus' name being denigrated that way. Plugged in Online is great for finding out about these things before deciding to view.
Wolverine's 30-plus expletives include five s-words and about a dozen misuses of Jesus' or God's names (including three pairings of the latter with "d--n"). Vulgarities include "h---," "d--n," "a--," "a--hole" and "b--ch." Wolverine offers a take on the middle finger by lowering his outside claws in an angry gesture.

They brought in Gambit, who was important in the comic books, and did a good job with his character.

I agree that Wolverine was a great movie. I agree that the profanity was unfortunate, as was the fact that he was living with a girl without being married.

Still, I would say this is one of the top superhero movies out yet. It is about 10 times better than Star Trek (not that ST is a superhero movie). I know I am in the minority, but I thought ST was horrible (you can see my comments in the ST if interested why).

What makes Wolverine great is the way the movie portrays his struggle against sin. He is a flawed hero but he struggles against his sin. Sometimes his conscience wins and sometimes not, just like in real life. It has a great moral message about the impropriety of taking revenge.

Plus there is a ton of action. The violence is comic-book style with people getting slammed up against walls and getting back up.

I agree that Wolverine was a great movie. I agree that the profanity was unfortunate, as was the fact that he was living with a girl without being married.

Still, I would say this is one of the top superhero movies out yet. It is about 10 times better than Star Trek (not that ST is a superhero movie). I know I am in the minority, but I thought ST was horrible (you can see my comments in the ST if interested why).

What makes Wolverine great is the way the movie portrays his struggle against sin. He is a flawed hero but he struggles against his sin. Sometimes his conscience wins and sometimes not, just like in real life. It has a great moral message about the impropriety of taking revenge.

Plus there is a ton of action. The violence is comic-book style with people getting slammed up against walls and getting back up.

There is no direct evidence from the movie that Wolverine and the girl (I can't remember her name) were not married.

There is no direct evidence from the movie that Wolverine and the girl (I can't remember her name) were not married.

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back