YIPPEEEE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
It is official! I'm now an officer in the US Army!
Now I just have to finish up a few things (like seminary!) and then I'll be put in chaplain branch!
From crazy Ranger to Chaplain... Wow... God's transforming grace is amazing!

Wow, that's amazing. I assume you will have to work alongside many other chaplains who have very different beliefs though?

It was this that put me off considering such a calling in the UK Army a couple of years ago... but it is something that you generally go into with prior pastoral/practical experience (more than going to seminary) in the UK. I wonder how many army chaplains around the world are born again? Well, now I know of one anyway!

Chris - I still have about 2 yrs of seminary.

Jonathan - the US Army requires 2 yrs of ministry experience... but they leave that up to whatever denomination endorses you. I've met 1 yr already (I was a youth pastor) and I'm hoping to meet the other year while I'm still in seminary. Yeah, there are many who aren't born again. I am going there primarily to be a shepherd for those people in the army who are believers and do not have any source for sound teaching and pastoral care... and I guess I'll do some evangelism too. ;)

Sola...

Are you a reservist until you complete seminary?

Will you be guaranteed transfer to the chaplain corps?

I do not envy your chosen service. After four years in the Marines, I have seen some really sad excuses for chaplains. One must truly believe that it is God who saves sinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back