You Know That You're a Nerd When . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcFadden

Puritanboard Commissioner
You might suspect that you have dorkish or nerdish tendencies. Perhaps you too have worried whether you should go to your physician and be tested. Now, there is an infallible way to know for sure . . .

Yesterday, an unassuming package arrived which my wife ordered for me as a combined Anniversary gift (36 yrs. yesterday) and Father's Day gift.

RosettaStone_Latin_lvl1.jpg

Only a 100% certified "nerd" would consider Rosetta Stone "Lingua Latina" to be a fabulous gift.

Last edited:
Do they have biblical greek for Rosetta Stone?

Its alright to be a nerd in the brain, just please keep the Steve Earkle Jeans in the closet.
:lol:

How befitting since yesterday was actually Geek Pride Day. My geek/nerd story is this: two Saturdays ago my pastor sent out an email that he had cleaned out his library and was getting rid of all his duplicate books and books he no longer wanted in order to make space. He had several hundred books to give away for free and all anyone had to do was haul them off after church. Needless to say, I had trouble falling asleep Saturday night. Oh, and I also like Star Wars.

Do they have biblical greek for Rosetta Stone?

Its alright to be a nerd in the brain, just please keep the Steve Earkle Jeans in the closet.
:lol:

Steve Urkle? You mean, "Did I do that?"

Last edited:
actually.... his name is Steve URKEL. man, i think i just proved myself extra nerdy.

That will teach you for getting her that vacuum cleaner for Mothers Day....LOL!

I was blown away with surprise. Better watch what I mumble in passing in the future.

Yeah, "Alright honey, I was thinking today {Allan and Sons Longprimer KJV} that we could head out to the coast {Allan and Sons Longprimer KJV} and have a fine day together". Intentional mumbling, brother, intentional mumbling.

Dennis,

Let me know what you think of it. I have been considering this to brush up my Latin.

I am married to a nerd (met 'im on the net), have a daughter and son-in who are nerds, and have very likely given birth to a couple more nerds.:lol:

I'll sit over at my antique study table with my antique books spread all around and ask my husband (who lives at his computer) "honey, will you check -- fill in the blank -- for such and such verse, reference, language aid etc.....

Dennis,

Let me know what you think of it. I have been considering this to brush up my Latin.

My wife is still in Fort Wayne with our new granddaughter and life is pretty hectic at work and home (the puppy came back from the vet wanting to chew up EVERYTHING in sight, including grabbing my glasses off the table). I will open the box and start exploring it this weekend and will give you my impressions then.

"Omnia dicta fortiora, si dicta Latina"......"Everything sounds more impressive when spoken in Latin"
:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back