You Provided...thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPC'n

Puritan Board Doctor
Hi everyone! In the last post I posted, I requested links to websites which would explain the Gospel and also links to healing after abortions. You came through for me along with encouragement for me. Thank you so much! I have been speaking with a brother here at PB and he wrote out an explanation of the Gospel, which I will be able to put into a pamphlet to give to people at work. I will also, on a separate sheet, print out all the links you gave to me, which will go with the pamphlet. I thought I would post it here just in case someone would like to do the same. If you see any errors, just let me know.

Whenever we're injured or ill we want to do anything we can to promote healing and recovery. However, there is an injury that is deeper than most people realize and there is only one cure. Before one can understand the cure, however, one must have a good understanding of the injury itself.

God is the creator and owner of everything. God looked upon every created thing and proclaimed that they were all good (completely devoid of evil/sin). They were good because He is holy and righteous and perfect in all His ways. As the Almighty Creator, God is just and righteous in requiring perfect obedience from all His creation.

When He created the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, He proclaimed that they too were good and without sin. However, they, wanting to be like God, rebelled against Him and disobeyed His commandment to never partake of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. As a result, ALL of mankind is now sinful. Just as God commanded Adam and Eve to obey Him, so He commands us to obey Him. As His creatures we are required to be perfectly obedient to our Creator. But did you know that we all are born into sin? We are all born rebelling against God's holy law, which is perfect and good.

God is good and holy and perfect in all His ways and we are sinful in all our ways. We have incurred God's wrath by our sin. This is akin to a parent being angered over the rebellion of a child. In God's case, however, because He is perfect and just, He rightly demands that there be a payment for our sins. Because of the fact that our wickedness taints everything we do, no one can pay for their own sins. God's price of payment is beyond the ability of any person to pay. Therefore, there are only two means by which God's righteous justice can be satisfied. The first way is to send those who have rebelled against Him to a place called hell for eternity. There God will inflict His just wrath upon those who fail to repent and attempt to justify their own sin. However, God has provided a means by which He can justly forgive us for our sins, which is the second way His righteous justice can be satisfied.

The true and living God is three Persons yet one Essence. He is not three Gods, He is one God. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit...three Persons one Essence. This God, in His loving-kindness, sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to bear the penalty of our sins. Because Jesus is God, He is good and perfect in all His ways. He, therefore, was able to die on the cross and bear the full fury of God's righteous wrath in our place. He took our guilt and paid a horrible price for our sins, which cost Him His life. By giving His life, He provided a means by which men could receive forgiveness rather than face eternal judgment in hell. After He died on the cross for our sins, He defeated death and rose from the grave to be our living Lord and Savior. We do not have a dead Savior, but one who is alive and intercedes on behalf of all who recognize their rebellion against God and repent. This is a free gift. You cannot add anything to this payment. What you must do is recognize that God is right and just to condemn you to hell forever. You must confess and acknowledge that you are a sinner and that hell is exactly what you deserve. You must then recognize that Christ is the only means by which God can be reconciled with you, thus, forgiving you of your sins.

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved through the work of the Holy Spirit. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame" (Romans 10:9-11). There is no sin which is too great that He cannot forgive, for no sin is greater than the Author and Finisher of our faith, Jesus Christ. If you truly believe these things, then you have been healed of the greatest disorder mankind has ever faced...sin, and have received the only cure available...salvation.

Here are some Scriptures which confirm these things. It would be most beneficial to read them in the order in which they are listed.

Genesis 1:1, Psalm 19, Psalm 24:1, 1 Peter 1:16, Romans 1:18-20, Acts 14:15-17, James 2:10, Deuteronomy 27:26, Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, John 6:44, Romans 12:3, Philippians 2:13, Romans 4:4-5, Romans 3:27, Romans 11:6, Ephesians 2:4-10, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:6:23, Romans 3:19-20, Isaiah 64:6-7, Titus 3:5, John 10:30, 1 John 1:1-3, John 5:17-18, John 10:22-30, Hebrews 4:15, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Isaiah 53, 1 Corinthians 15, Isaiah 55:7, Luke 9:23, Jeremiah 17:5-13, Romans 10:9-10, Acts 17:22-31, 1 Peter 4:1-4.

For more information and help contact Pastor Mark Jenkins who wants to hear from you at:

608-237-6265 or Email [email protected]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back